custom/boutique drum companies

tard

Gold Member
If I was going to buy a custom kit it would be 1 of 2 companies depending on where I lived due to obvious shipping costs, In the UK it would be Guru and in the US it would be BW. As a side note, if anyone watched the AMA's last night Brian Burwell (BW endorsed drummer) played a set of walnut BW's for a lot of the music used for the show.

Dj magic d

Check out DC california drums....their oak shell kits(as well as the maples) sound crazy good. Look at Youtube under Soultone cymbals, where Jerohn Garnett does the "building blocks to gosphel chops" videos. Some of the best sounding drums I've heard in my life !!!

longgun

Gold Member
Risen Drums:

http://risendrums.com/

I just know the name, have zero experience with them.

I own a Risen kit.......top notch..........on par with, or even better than, my sons DW collectors kit

If I was going to buy a custom kit it would be 1 of 2 companies depending on where I lived due to obvious shipping costs, In the UK it would be Guru and in the US it would be BW. As a side note, if anyone watched the AMA's last night Brian Burwell (BW endorsed drummer) played a set of walnut BW's for a lot of the music used for the show.
...concur, would love to try a "Guru" kit............I may be ignorant, but what is "BW"?

mandrew

Gold Member
As you see, a lot of up and coming great builders. Still, what ever "start to finish" means, I like to support innovative makers, not just craftsmen who can make well what someone else came up with. For that reason, I really like Craviatto and Noble and Cooley. Also Dunnett. To me, innovation is worth as much as just being exotic.

Toolate

Platinum Member
As you see, a lot of up and coming great builders. Still, what ever "start to finish" means, I like to support innovative makers, not just craftsmen who can make well what someone else came up with. For that reason, I really like Craviatto and Noble and Cooley. Also Dunnett. To me, innovation is worth as much as just being exotic.
Have you seen what Guru is doing? Seriously google "Guru Drums Drummerworld" and read and listen to it all.

or here

http://www.gurudrumworks.co.uk/

No affiliation, just a zealot.

mandrew

Gold Member
No doubt that Guru is a top builder, I just have a place in my heart for the ones I mentioned. We all have our favorites, those that "trip our triggers." The ones that I mentioned just happen to be mine.