Crosstowners.......update?

KEEF

From those who have had these a while - how are they holding up to the rigours of regular gigging??
Thanks

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
I've had the hi-hat stand since mid-2018 and done 64 local gigs with it, no problems. Noticeably lighter in my hardware bag and not expensive either - I think I paid $129 or something like that.

The spring is a bit soft, but unless you're doing some fancy footwork, it's no problem. Somebody posted a hack somewhere that gives it a firmer feel.

jaymandude

I've had the hi-hat stand since mid-2018 and done 64 local gigs with it, no problems. Noticeably lighter in my hardware bag and not expensive either - I think I paid $129 or something like that.

The spring is a bit soft, but unless you're doing some fancy footwork, it's no problem. Somebody posted a hack somewhere that gives it a firmer feel.
If you happen to come across that mod maybe you could post it ? I can look for it too:)

Thanks

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I’ve had mine for about a year now - and I use 17” hi hats on mine and the hi hat works great for me. I did that Steve Jordan test where he said because the stands are so light, they don’t alter the cymbal sound and I think he’s right. My cymbals sounded a tad muted when I put them on my heavier Yamaha 700 stands, but not much. They sounded a little different but it was negligible. I’m sold on them.

Mine are fine even without using the individual bags - I just place them nicely in my trap case.

sumdrumguy

I've been using the full Crosstown hardware set - HH, snare and cymbal stands - since the fall of 2018. No issues to date.

They were an excellent investment.

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Here's the thread, haven't tried it myself.

Dutch

Love mine as well, only comment I would make is the attachment of the top of the hihat rod to the base section is a bit iffy, there’s nothing to grip when screwing it in or out, like other Yamaha stands. But other than that, great set.

sumdrumguy

Love mine as well, only comment I would make is the attachment of the top of the hihat rod to the base section is a bit iffy, there’s nothing to grip when screwing it in or out, like other Yamaha stands. But other than that, great set.

I use the HH clutch to loosen the top rod.

Tighten the wing screw; just like you do to set the top cymbal height. Turn the clutch to tighten/loosen the rod.

TheDrummerFromAmsterdam

Platinum Member
I use heavy 15” hats and have no issues with rhe hh soring being to loose. If all its actually quite tight (which I prefer for faster or longer foot action).

They do get scratched quite easily (even with sleeves, as they mostly get scratchd during setup or when taking a single item along).

As someone who doesn’t like scratches on anything this is the only thing I don’t like.

But other than that. The weight is a breeze and no matter how hard I play or which size cymbal/snare/tom I use, they stay put and still let the thing they hold breath.