Critters living in your drums?

Bonestorm

That rules! I can't believe the spider has stuck around with all that commotion haha.

I don't recall ever having critters living in my drums, but I once rehearsed for a couple months in a vile place that was infested by rats (the place belonged to a snake breeder, so he had a massive supply of rats to feed to the snakes...several of which had managed to escape). For some reason, the rats were OBSESSED with my drumming gloves. No matter where I left the gloves, they'd manage to find them and try to steal them. I'd usually find them gnawed, and half way stuffed into holes in the walls.

Glad to be out of that place haha.

Swiss Matthias

Platinum Member
Wow, most amusing thread :)!!! Fascinating thing!

I once had a vinegar fly problem which was really annoying. The scent of the wood
must have lead them into my toms through the air holes. Of course they were trapped
inside and didn't find their way out again, so after some time my toms started to collect
dead vinegar flies lying on the reso heads.

Shirai

KIS, I noticed you recently put your Spaun kit up on the classifieds. Is this the one with the spiders? Do they come with the kit? Or do they cost extra?

ddrumman2004

What kind of spiders are they? If they are brown recluse spiders.....get rid of them.

I don't have that problem nor have had any problem with insects or spiders in my drums. Only things living in or on my drums would be the dust mites that you can't see.

But like posted above...they have lots and lots of babies.....

Anon La Ply

Renegade
"The rise and fall of Boris Spaundust and the Spiders from Herefordshire", a novel by Guru's Crosby Stardust or how to make babies spiders after being "Fired Up", soon to be published on the Web...
Haha, ask Polly if she could make a short comic (if I remember correctly, she's into that stuff)... ;)
If Andy's hoping not to be overrun with little Borises and Borisinas, he need to hope that the male thinks like a person ...

Attachments

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
If Andy's hoping not to be overrun with little Borises and Borisinas, he need to hope that the male thinks like a person ...
I can't tell if Andy's male spider will think like a person... but the fly caught up in the web certainely does :)

BZZ ... §%!~+! STICKY %~#! BZZ!!

A

Anthony Amodeo

I can't tell if Andy's male spider will think like a person... but the fly caught up in the web certainely does :)

BZZ ... §%!~+! STICKY %~#! BZZ!!
....she swallowed the spider to catch the fly
I don't know why she swallowed the fly,
I guess she'll die....

Anon La Ply

Renegade
Thanks guys.

Andy, maybe you have discovered a new genus ... Guru arachnid perscussionae

A gruesome insect tale ... about 5 years ago a wasp trying to drag a large, limp spider up a wall in the backyard. It kept slipping and trying again ... here's the photos to tell the tale? http://www.sangrea.net/free-cartoons/anim_wasp-and-spider-cartoon-web.jpg (wish I didn't caption in hindsight).

The spider was actually just stunned ... and heading for a gruesome fate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantula_hawk#Behavior

Freaky.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Grea, amazing wasp/spider photo story there!

Boom, Keith's comment about drummer hunger at the end of the clip cracked me up. Truly a berserk man:)

Announcement: Mr. & Mr.s spider never lasted to the start of last night's gig. I'm guessing hunger took over. I cleaned the drum of detritus yesterday before the gig. It was fun whilst it lasted :) Hey, the floor tom sounded better after the tuneup, so at least their legacy was worthwhile :)

Thanks for chiming in on a very silly thread.

Anon La Ply

Renegade
So it appears that Guru arachnid perscussionae is now extinct, or at least the Andyus simplicitus strain ....

Have to say that if "even the best drummers get hungry", Moonie would be anorexic after that solo :)

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
I am convinced that space aliens live in an old snare that I own and no longer play.
I keep it in a closet and I have seen strange lights coming from there at night.
I believe that the aliens are tiny and their ships pass right through the louvered closet doors and into the snare's vent hole.
I am afraid to take a close look to see if it is true or not!
Perhaps some things should be left alone.
I feel that if I continue to give the aliens a home they will not abduct me and conduct unpleasant experiments on my person ;)