Critique my friend's drumming

TheGroceryman

Silver Member
metronome metronome metronome metronome metronome metronome metronome metronome.

did i mention metronome?

his time is ALL over the place, he's gotta tidy up.

Drumsword

Pioneer Member
Yeah, Metronome. He definately has some talent, and there is plenty for a teacher to work with there, from what I see.

It seems like he's trying to get too creative before he has the foundation laid. Right now he just needs to work on getting his time and tempo solid, then work into adding some fills and variations, Starting with a basic 4 stroke roll and working up.

Make sure he Practices his rudiments too, singles, flams and doubles anyway.

Keep posting progress reports.

Those ZBT's sound pretty good.

zambizzi

Platinum Member
He seems to have the basic coordination problems that all beginners have. He's pretty creative though and if he practiced diligently on his time and the basics...he's got obvious potential!

Those drums sounded surprisingly good!

805Drummer

Gold Member
Yeah, Metronome. He definately has some talent, and there is plenty for a teacher to work with there, from what I see.

It seems like he's trying to get too creative before he has the foundation laid. Right now he just needs to work on getting his time and tempo solid, then work into adding some fills and variations, Starting with a basic 4 stroke roll and working up.

Make sure he Practices his rudiments too, singles, flams and doubles anyway.

Keep posting progress reports.

Those ZBT's sound pretty good.
Yup, he did take lessons, but stopped because he was bored (to be fair, that music store gives terrible lessons).

It's the Flip Video. That's why the ZBT's sound so good.

And about the failed creative stuff....it's funny, because when I watch him play, I can tell that he's trying to do stuff he's seen Cobus (on Youtube) do, but totally can't. I'll have him read this advice though.

Those drums sounded surprisingly good!
I'm telling you...it's the Flip Ultra...that thing works MAGIC!