Creepy Circus Drum Set

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
Here is my latest creation. A good friend of mine wanted me to create a special drum set for her. She said she liked skulls and evil clowns. But that was all she would tell me. She left the rest up to me.

I created this story line:
These drums were originally used in the circus band for many years. In May 2017 the circus ended. After a 146 year run. When the circus ended the clowns became very sad. And as the drums sat, unused in storage, the cheerful clowns became more and more evil. By the time these drums were discovered in late 2019, the clowns had become very angry and evil.

Last edited:
That's really cool Jim. Your one off kits are something to behold for sure. Kinda wish you didn't hide the I Eat Children clown, but that's just me. Love it either way.

That's really cool Jim. Your one off kits are something to behold for sure. Kinda wish you didn't hide the I Eat Children clown, but that's just me. Love it either way.
Thanks.
Yeah, I was debating about that picture. It's been modified. Thanks.

Wow... what creativity and attention to detail... How did you get/make the blue iso gaskets/spacers? What type of paint on the rims? or are they powdercoated? if so how did you get the stars in there? Hats off to you! an extraordinary creation!
Thank you !

The iso gaskets on the bass drum are made of plastic. I simply painted them with spray can acrylic paint. The rims/hoops were painted with spray can acrylic paint. The stars are stickers. Everything was clear coated with several coats of paint. If the drums are played with lots of rim shots, the paint will chip off right around the top edge of the hoops. When I painted my personal set I left the paint off the top edge of the hoops. The spray paint has held up perfectly for several years on my set.

Hollywood Jim is 149 years old? He’s one badass dude with a morphing kit. o_O

Great work! You need to get a Discovery Channel show- you do “theme kits” like the Orange County Choppers guys did “theme bikes”...

Wow!! I hate clowns. I need to burn that kit...

Seriously, great work, Jim!

Incredible one-off job, Jim! Concept and execution is first rate.

Would like to be a fly on the wall to hear your client's band use Jason Hook's line "Showtime! Let's go scare the kids!"

Back