Crazy Wife, Happy Life.

Square

El Conquistador
A couple of weeks ago I went into Bentley’s Drums in Fresno for my weekly lesson. They had just put out a new arrival. A USA Custom Gretsch in walnut gloss.

I took note because it was a 20, 14, 12 three piece kit and I have the big sister in the same finish, 22, 18, 16, 13. I asked about the price, kicked the tires and thought how cool it would be to have all of those sizes.

I then went on about my day, as we all do. A couple of days later, the wife says she’s going into town and asked if I needed anything. I tell her no but then as she’s headed out the door I say, oh yeah I do need something. I say, Gretsch 3 piece kit at Bentley’s, Dana knows which one. She laughed, I laughed and that was it.

A few days goes by and it’s Father’s Day. Her and the kids gave me a nice Garmin watch. Good day all around.

Today (Wednesday) I go in for my lesson and I see a sold tag on the Gretsch kit. My heart sank just a bit but oh well. That’s when Dana puts his hand on my shoulder and says, happy late Father’s Day.

So for the next 5 minutes I’m trying to get him to admit that he’s just harassing me. Then he tells me my wife and daughter came up and payed for it and he was holding it for me.

I still didn’t believe him so I called my wife. Sure enough, she did it. Even after it was in my car and I’m headed home I was still in a state of disbelief.

Hours later, I’m still shell shocked.

IMG_1120.jpeg

The color is a perfect match. Here’s the 12 with my other kit’s 13.

IMG_1117.jpeg

Last edited:
A couple of weeks ago I went into Bentley’s Drums in Fresno for my weekly lesson. They had just put out a new arrival. A USA Custom Gretsch in walnut gloss.

I took note because it was a 20, 14, 12 three piece kit and I have the big sister in the same finish, 22, 18, 16, 13. I asked about the price, kicked the tires and thought how cool it would be to have all of those sizes.

I then went on about my day, as we all do. A couple of days later, the wife says she’s going into town and asked if I needed anything. I tell her no but then as she’s headed out the door I say, oh yeah I do need something. I say, Gretsch 3 piece kit at Bentley’s, Dana knows which one. She laughed, I laughed and that was it.

A few days goes by and it’s Father’s Day. Her and the kids gave me a nice Garmin watch. Good day all around.

Today (Wednesday) I go in for my lesson and I see a sold tag on the Gretsch kit. My heart sank just a bit but oh well. That’s when Dana puts his hand on my shoulder and says, happy late Father’s Day.

So for the next 5 minutes I’m trying to get him to admit that he’s just harassing me. Then he tells me my wife and daughter came up and payed for it and he was holding it for me.

I still didn’t believe him so I called my wife. Sure enough, she did it. Even after it was in my car and I’m headed home I was still in a state of disbelief.

View attachment 147752

View attachment 147753

View attachment 147754
Man, that's a fantastic Father's Day gift! Yessir! Beautiful drums!

View attachment 147752

View attachment 147753

View attachment 147754
Beautiful Kit! Both are keepers (Wife and drums). (y)

View attachment 147752

View attachment 147753

View attachment 147754
I've decided to start a family, as soon as possible.
Wife interviews start on monday, girls.

Your wife and daughter are fantastic ! A wonderful and very generous gift . Truly one of my personal top three favourite finishes from Gretsch . It was very much in the running when I purchased my latest Gretsch kit in 2021 . Gretsch are just making wonderful drums these days , enjoy them in great health !!

A couple of years ago, I had no drums. So I was thinking of getting a set of Mapex Mars drums. My wife said, "Get the Saturns that you really want." So I did. Peace and goodwill.

View attachment 147753

View attachment 147754

What a wonderful gift and wonderful family (y)

Back