Craviotto snare drum review.

*posts drum review, no one comments on the sound or review, all posts are about the price*
Welcome to DW tangents!

Well...... the 7" drum is what a snare drum sound is in my head, Full Articulate Responsive and down right Killer.. The 5 1/2" is about the same, I noticed in you're review you thought that under 6 1/2 " didn't have the juice, well I'd ask you to rethink that If you may.. In saying that, drums on these levels are about all the elements involved, The overall feel helps with the sound as well as it influences the way you might stroke the drum.. by the time you have bought and sold 5 snare drums looking for "the one" you could just get a drum like these.. or 2 or...

*posts drum review, no one comments on the sound or review, all posts are about the price*
Welcome to DW tangents!
That’s a tangent? I would say it’s relevant. I get why a snare like the Crav gets what it gets, but it did blow my mind a little ;)

Well...... the 7" drum is what a snare drum sound is in my head, Full Articulate Responsive and down right Killer.. The 5 1/2" is about the same, I noticed in you're review you thought that under 6 1/2 " didn't have the juice, well I'd ask you to rethink that If you may.. In saying that, drums on these levels are about all the elements involved, The overall feel helps with the sound as well as it influences the way you might stroke the drum.. by the time you have bought and sold 5 snare drums looking for "the one" you could just get a drum like these.. or 2 or...
I have a few more Cravies to show so, stay tuned 👍

7" is my preferred depth when I play but, most of my snare collection is for my clients so, 6.5" seems to prevail amongst most drummers I cater to. I'm a big fan of 8" as well. I run big shells on my personal kit so, most anything under 6" depth gets lost in the thunder.

I Play that 5.5 with 26 14 16 18.. it's that good. the shallow depth helps it fit next to the 26. try and find a Baritone if you like big snare drums..IMG_8960.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean? oh the head, that was on it when I got it. I got it real cheap when I think back now..I use a Vintage Emp on it..

I sure like my 7" snare from Johnny. This one was featured on his 2015 NAMM display wall. Check out the density of the Birdseye! Middle section is Red Birch. Sounds phenomenal. First picture was taken inside under warm light. Second was outside and more accurately reflects what it actually looks like.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    895.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0287.JPEG
    IMG_0287.JPEG
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
If I was thinking of renting I would never think to ask for 7". It's just unusual, not on my radar.
6.5" is a pretty good, do it all kind of depth. If I was sent the 7" by mistake I am sure I'd enjoy using it.

Back