Craigslist

New Tricks

Platinum Member
Heh heh.

New band forming need experienced players. If interested message me for link to music. Needed Lead Guitar, Bassist, Drummer, and a Clean Vocalist.

Isn't a Lead Guitar, Bassist, Drummer, and a Clean Vocalist pretty much the whole band? :)

Yep, pretty standard CL musician ad. I have actually joined a band I found on craigslist, but for the most part it is full of flakes and dreamers as far as I can tell.

Yep, pretty standard CL musician ad. I have actually joined a band I found on craigslist, but for the most part it is full of flakes and dreamers as far as I can tell.

I've had decent luck but you have to sort through a lot.

I just found this singer/acoustic guitarist. We recorded a few songs and after jamming last week and I was floored.

The first song he knew well.

The second one, I had the instrumental tracks in place from a different band and I asked if he could sing it. It was a one take deal and the timing wasn't perfect but, I'd say he could sing it.

https://soundcloud.com/sick-of-the-game

You win some, you lose some.

Craigslist helped me when I moved into the area and didn't know anybody.

Heh heh.

Isn't a Lead Guitar, Bassist, Drummer, and a Clean Vocalist pretty much the whole band? :)

I think I just saw that exact ad on SF Bay Area craigslist yesterday! The deal with craigslist seems to be either to not list ANY influences or give any hint about the type of music you want to play, or on the flip side, to list a bunch of influences and then have every single person who contacts you not be into any of them!

It on the St. Louis area CL too! Strange

It on the St. Louis area CL too! Strange
Then it sounds like phishing. Same ad in StL and San Fran?

I have seen real ads where somebody is looking for a whole band. they don't; even list what instrument they play! c/list is full fo flakes, but i too found the odd thing that worked out. Like everything, take the good with the bad.

I found the "casual encounters" section of Craigslist to be very helpful in a new town too. ;)

Ha one of the guys in the band meets girls that way. He's the guy with the girl kissing and hanging off him while we are performing. I think it adds to the band's image actually.

Ha one of the guys in the band meets girls that way. He's the guy with the girl kissing and hanging off him while we are performing. I think it adds to the band's image actually.

Oh? And what image is that?

Ah, I see …

Attachments

• bee1.jpeg
    bee1.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 104
  • bee2.jpg
    bee2.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 260
  • bee3.jpeg
    bee3.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 105
  • bee4.jpeg
    bee4.jpeg
    9.1 KB · Views: 101
I don't know but women keep showing up at our shows and dancing on the tables and chairs.

Back