Craigslist/eBay Deals! Let's bring it back!

joshisaces

Gold Member
I know there's been a thread like this before, BUT...
I've been in the mood to hear about some great deals on either ebay or craigslist. I personally haven't been able to score any :(
BUT, atm, I'm in touch with a guy that would sell his oriental china trash for $40 + shipping.
I'll have to see how that works out.

Anywayssss, what kind of deals have you had?!?

I scored a Ludwig 26x14 6 ply kick drum (marcher-now a kick) for $91. And I landed a 18" Paiste Red ColorSound 5 crash for $119.

I just got an almost new Pearl Eliminator single pedal for 50 dollars.

Red, green, yellow, white, and black. All mine are Red ColorSound 5's. More info here: "COLORSOUND 5 series, professional CuSn8-cymbals, produced from appox. 1983 to 1986. Five colors were offered for visual appeal. Note: The COLORSOUND 5 cymbals are different than 400, 500, 900, 2000 and Visions cymbals even though they are colored, or have the COLORSOUND name attached."

Good lord, i live on ebay/ craigslist.

Brand new 5 pc ddrum all bubinga kit $1210
Zildjian K constantinople 22" light ride, scratched $160
3x zildjian A. splashes: 6", 8", 9" $55
15x12" silver sparkle Ludwig maple floor tom $100
Sabian APX hats, 14" brand new $107
Pearl Icon 3 sided curved rack with 10 clamps $225
Pearl Icon 3 sided straight rack with 8 clamps $150
QSC rmx-4050 amp $475
Crown xti-2000 amp $350
Crown xti-1000 amp $300
Focusrite Octopre 8 channel pre-amp $375
Behringer sfx2442 mixer $200
dbx 4 channel compressor $100
2x calzone 16 space ATA racks with casters $90/pair
Genelec 1029a's studio monitors $600/pair
Marshall jcm 800 half stack with 412 1960a vintage celestions $600
Ddrum dominion maple 5 pc kit with 7 stands/ 9 zildjian a customs, DW9002 pedal $1300

My current band lineup, 1 bassist who sings leads, Lead guitarist, Rhythm guitarist all found on craigslist musicians available. Priceless.

My current band lineup, 1 bassist who sings leads, Lead guitarist, Rhythm guitarist all found on craigslist musicians available. Priceless.

Wow! I'll bet those were hard to come by! Finding the right people takes a LONG time, and, from experience, I've learned to mostly stay away from craigslist. Nice score!

I haven't scored any deals lately, but I haven't really been looking. Last thing I got was a 1965 Ludwig virgin 20"x14" club date kick drum with matching 1966 Pioneer snare for $230. That's not THAT great of a deal, but I figured it would be nice to have a "project" that I could take some time to work on. I'm occasionally tossing glances toward eBay for some matching toms (12" and 14").

Honestly i'm not even bothered about all that stuff how come i can never fnd any decent people to be in my band on the internet?

As for my stuff that i've bought off the internet:

Bass Neck- £31
A custom projection crash- £104.50
SantaFe custom snare drum- £160
ESP F400FM- £500
SWR bass half stack- £250
Dean Z '79 guitar inc hard case- £210

Good lord, i live on ebay/ craigslist.

Brand new 5 pc ddrum all bubinga kit $1210
Zildjian K constantinople 22" light ride, scratched $160
3x zildjian A. splashes: 6", 8", 9" $55
15x12" silver sparkle Ludwig maple floor tom $100
Sabian APX hats, 14" brand new $107
Pearl Icon 3 sided curved rack with 10 clamps $225
Pearl Icon 3 sided straight rack with 8 clamps $150
QSC rmx-4050 amp $475
Crown xti-2000 amp $350
Crown xti-1000 amp $300
Focusrite Octopre 8 channel pre-amp $375
Behringer sfx2442 mixer $200
dbx 4 channel compressor $100
2x calzone 16 space ATA racks with casters $90/pair
Genelec 1029a's studio monitors $600/pair
Marshall jcm 800 half stack with 412 1960a vintage celestions $600
Ddrum dominion maple 5 pc kit with 7 stands/ 9 zildjian a customs, DW9002 pedal $1300

That's quite the lineup! hahhah

Wow! I'll bet those were hard to come by! Finding the right people takes a LONG time, and, from experience, I've learned to mostly stay away from craigslist. Nice score!

I haven't scored any deals lately, but I haven't really been looking. Last thing I got was a 1965 Ludwig virgin 20"x14" club date kick drum with matching 1966 Pioneer snare for $230. That's not THAT great of a deal, but I figured it would be nice to have a "project" that I could take some time to work on. I'm occasionally tossing glances toward eBay for some matching toms (12" and 14").

Trust me, it took a longggggggg time, like 7 months, looking every day on about 5 different websites to get the lineup solidified. I play prog-metal, like Tool, Opeth, Isis, Jakob, Mastodon, BTBAM, Dillinger Escape plan, Rush, Dream Theater, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, etc and down here in South florida, there's NOBODY playing that stuff. There are always cats on Craigslist that SAY they want to do prog, but then you go hear them play and they sound like Korn. Or Avenged Sevenfold. Or Slipknot. I like all of those, i just don't want to be in a band like those.

With this economic downturn it's a buyer's market indeed, I've seen some sick prices on both sites. Just got a DDrum set and looking to get another acrylic kit for half price.

I always miss out out. I try to look everyday but some days I skip cause I get dissapointed and THAT'S the day that all these deals pop up, so I call them, and of course... Somebody already bought it.

That has to be a typo. ...........................

Double Craigslist/eBay Score!

Yesterday I purchased this off of Craigslist:
Ddrum 5pc acrylic kit:
26 kick,14tom,16 & 18 floors 6.5x14 snare only 2 months old. Also cam with a DW5000 double pedal & case, 1 pearl 900 series cynbal stand, 13x 3.5 Pearl Pic snare, 1 DW double tom stand, 1 double DW cymbal stand, pearl 900 series hi hat and snare stand.

He also drive to me 1.5 hrs way and all for $600.00,......score!

On ebay I purchased a Spaun Kit, it sould be here tomorrow,...on my B-day!
24x24 kick, 10,12,14,16 tom with humes and Berg cases.
$1525.00 with FREE shipping,...Like New Condition.

And yes I have many kits and snares,....last count around 14 kits and 42 snare drums,..
you can see some of my gear at my site,....www.awdrums.com

later aw

Re: Double Craigslist/eBay Score!

Yesterday I purchased this off of Craigslist:
Ddrum 5pc acrylic kit:
26 kick,14tom,16 & 18 floors 6.5x14 snare only 2 months old. Also cam with a DW5000 double pedal & case, 1 pearl 900 series cynbal stand, 13x 3.5 Pearl Pic snare, 1 DW double tom stand, 1 double DW cymbal stand, pearl 900 series hi hat and snare stand.

He also drive to me 1.5 hrs way and all for $600.00,......score!

On ebay I purchased a Spaun Kit, it sould be here tomorrow,...on my B-day!
24x24 kick, 10,12,14,16 tom with humes and Berg cases.
$1525.00 with FREE shipping,...Like New Condition.

And yes I have many kits and snares,....last count around 14 kits and 42 snare drums,..
you can see some of my gear at my site,....www.awdrums.com

later aw

I was supposed to buy that kit!!! Unbelievable!! I called that guy a week ago and emailed him, never got back to me. I called him today and he told it had been sold. What a great deal, you're very lucky to have snagged it. Man I'm really disappointed.

That has to be a typo. ...........................

My bad, one of the a customs was actually a k hybrid splash.

Oh yeah, i forgot to also mention also...SKB hard cases

EAT YOUR HEART OUT, BOOYAAHHH!!!!

Back