Covid -19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamaha Rider

And he's a pharmacist!! He sounds like the exception LOL. The vaccine can't "change your DNA' but the coronavirus can-in fact a good fraction of human genome made up of viral elements from past. It's just the opposite SARS-COV-2 could have bits that end up in you DNA.
Experts have a perception ,like anyone else, so weigh the science per that perspective-often it misses things starring them in the face. That's why it's a group effort and people disagree over the same data . Some of that the focus of education to make people an "expert" not in a field but one tiny aspect of a field. I was amazed when I rotated through labs how focused each "expert" was and how little cross-talk with other disciplines. I was told to find a focus-LOL get real. There has been very little multidisciplinary activity till recent times. I think the broad education or bringing broad expertise is better at studying the tiny aspect and see how it fits in all of it. But one expert really doesn't carry any weight-get a room full of them to get the bigger diverse picture. A single expert tells you 'their perspective' not the status of the science. One paper or one expert really doesn't tell me anything.
Interesting moment in the UK. A major monthly study of infections used by govt is saying that rates have barely altered during this lockdown. Hospitals however have recorded a 10% drop in deaths and admissions since the peak of Jan 18 - the steepest fall in the entire pandemic here.
Someone's data is flawed (and it ain't the hospitals)

Last edited:

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Was just gonna say, from your picture, you don't look anything like John Travolta.

I used to get the flu from the flu shot...either that or it just didn't work. So I stopped getting it for years. I have gotten the shot for the last four years and haven't gotten the flu, so I guess I'll keep getting it now.
I'm guessing you got the symptoms of the flu and not actually the flu. A friend used to say he always got the flu and I explained the wat these vaccines work, IMO, and he was ok to listen. Whether he started to get the shot, I don't know. And please don't turn this into "i got_______once and spent 4 weeks in bed. Covid please.

Auspicious

China is coming in with a new PCR testing solution for you guys :ROFLMAO:

( If they point a gun at me to take the PCR one day, I'll ask for the brain scratching solution instead. )

KamaK

Platinum Member
China is coming in with a new PCR testing solution for you guys :ROFLMAO:

Does this mean that you can transmit COVID via flatulence?

I certainly hope not, though I have a whole "Silent but deadly" bit on deck just in case.

Auspicious

I figure that if I put a stick in my ear, I might cause hearing damage because of irritation, displacing wax, causing tinnitus, etc. If I put a swab in my eye, it might cause irritation and blurry vision.

By connecting the dots, if I stick a swab at the bottom of my nose, I suspect, that it could really impair my sense of smell. Especially if it was already damaged because of the virus and if the probing is repeated multiple times.

I am not surprised to hear stories of people not recovering from their loss of smell.

--> Because of that, I think they might be into something with the anal swabs, less danger of damaging a sensitive sensors.

Old Dog new Cans

Was just gonna say, from your picture, you don't look anything like John Travolta.

I used to get the flu from the flu shot...either that or it just didn't work. So I stopped getting it for years. I have gotten the shot for the last four years and haven't gotten the flu, so I guess I'll keep getting it now.

I don't look much like Bruce either, although that wouldn't bother me. I am 1/2 Asian though.

Happy 56th!

Look, if you're healthy, I don't think it matters. Get the vaccine, feel crappy for a day or two, back to normal. @KamaK, you can laugh and make fun all you want. If you ever met my sister, you'd realize how big her damn brain is. And if she passes on info to me, it's because it's viable. I have to look at things differently than most when it comes to health. She helps me out.

I hope all of the vaccines work.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I got my #2 dose this morning and really glad the process went smoothly. Tomorow I guess I can more accurately report on the effects.
Update: I have felt 100 % normal for the past 24 hours. Maybe a little stiff in the shoulders but spent some nap time in the Lazy-Boy. 50% of my Facebook friends list is nurses from my work at the hospital and I have heard nothing about the vaccine killing anyone. The CDC at one point was listing the cause of death as Covid, regardless of real reason , if the person that died was positive for Covid. Pneumonia, heart attacks etc. A spokesperson for the CDC admitted this on air. I'm glad the vaccine is available, and glad I got my 2 shots. When your turn comes, age group, I would advise getting the shots, but respect your choice not to. Peace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.