Covid -19

Status
Not open for further replies.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
My son, who is a high school teacher, got his first dose. The day after, he had a fever and felt crappy, but it went away quickly. I don't know when it will be my turn, but I'm ready!
It has been reported that the side effects of dose 2 are they same as dose 1, just a little stronger. I'll find out in 3 weeks. (Pfizer)

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
My wife took the Pfizer vaccine with nothing more than a sore arm-she said less than flu. The Moderna one seems to cause the local reaction more I understand but I don't think it's huge numbers. No death associated with either vaccine-though isn't there some odd case of a physician in Florida Johnny? Or is that false news.

Sakae2xBopster

My wife had her second dose of the Moderna vaccine last week. She had a stronger reaction than she did for the first dose. Felt pretty lousy for 24 hours and then was fine.

ToneT

My wife and I are still waiting, and we both have pre-existing conditions.
She's 71, has Alzheimers, and I'm 61 with Diabetes and Emphysema.
I registered the both of us on NJVaccination.com, and have been in touch with our personal physician.
Still waiting!
Be safe and be careful!

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Actually feeling lousy is a good sign you're having a really robust response to vaccine. I read a Science article before vaccine data published warning health officials to warn the public that these vaccines are more potent than typical so some may feel lousy for a day and want to stay home-the article stated. Other than that article that was all I saw of that. My wife said one other physician faculty was worried he didn't make antibodies or cellular immunity because he had no side effects-neither did my wife after second dose.
All the animal models were cool showing the liposomes in animals initial In injection site then the bulk goes to liver from their elsewhere-but the liver lit up like a Xmas tree. A lot of blood proteins synthesized in liver so ready to make the spike protein for antigen presentation. These vaccine are so potent because they activate humoral and cellular immunity.
I had an abnormal growth on my face and the dermatologist said she could freeze it (but it might leave a scar) or this new immunomodulating drug creme. I said I'll try the cream. She didn't tell me the little tube was $1,500 dollars. Well it was a tiny place under my eye. I put on as prescribed-then suddenly it got red-then it like disentgrated into a giant hole in my face. I went in to check everything was OK-she said oh yes you are having a great response. I'm like damn it ate a hole in my face. It works on Toll receptors I started reading and activates innate immunity-that I ate a hole in my own face! Actually the cytokine storm inflammatory cytokine come from your innate immunity-white blood cells-macrophages, eosinophils, basophils, Natural killer cells (our bodies innate immunity against cancer cells), Dendritic cells, etc. Normally they function in first line defense and to recruit adaptive immunity but during storm it turns on body. It's not really that well understood.

Last edited:
It has been reported that the side effects of dose 2 are they same as dose 1, just a little stronger. I'll find out in 3 weeks. (Pfizer)
My cousin's an ER doctor and just got her second dose a few weeks ago. She said the first dose barely even gave her a sore arm, but the second dose really really knocked her on her ass for two days.

I got my first dose — Pfizer — two weeks ago and am waiting to hear if I'm going to be able to get the second next weekend or not. Here's hoping.

felonious69

We had a pharmacist here in Wisconsin charged with PURPOSEFULLY leaving out overnight (twice) COVID vaccines...570 doses!
What makes someone THAT MUCH OF A SCUMBAG?
Apparently this pharmacist "believed" that the vaccine was unsafe for people and would change their DNA.
How much ya wanna bet he had no problem pushing opioids?

felonious69

Problem with "experts"
Another problem with "experts" is that tons of people listen to fools that have no education and/or qualifications to comment on said subject.

It's like the old saying:
Who is more foolish...The Fool, or the Fool who follows him?

I actually coined a phrase regarding what I've been seeing lately:
You can't teach a dumb dog smart tricks. But you CAN teach it to chase a frisbee off a cliff...ONCE.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Apparently this pharmacist "believed" that the vaccine was unsafe for people and would change their DNA.
How much ya wanna bet he had no problem pushing opioids?
And he's a pharmacist!! He sounds like the exception LOL. The vaccine can't "change your DNA' but the coronavirus can-in fact a good fraction of human genome made up of viral elements from past. It's just the opposite SARS-COV-2 could have bits that end up in you DNA.
Experts have a perception ,like anyone else, so weigh the science per that perspective-often it misses things starring them in the face. That's why it's a group effort and people disagree over the same data . Some of that the focus of education to make people an "expert" not in a field but one tiny aspect of a field. I was amazed when I rotated through labs how focused each "expert" was and how little cross-talk with other disciplines. I was told to find a focus-LOL get real. There has been very little multidisciplinary activity till recent times. I think the broad education or bringing broad expertise is better at studying the tiny aspect and see how it fits in all of it. But one expert really doesn't carry any weight-get a room full of them to get the bigger diverse picture. A single expert tells you 'their perspective' not the status of the science. One paper or one expert really doesn't tell me anything.

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
Since we're allowed to have self indulgent tangent rants, I have another theory, members here love to theorize and express opinions about other people's opinions. See? I just did it too!

P.S. Good health to you Johnny

Benthedrummer

I’ve got a cousin in Australia who hasn’t been touched by this at all and living a normal life...the Aussies (and Kiwis) have smashed it...?? In the UK it’s been something of a disaster...we’re the worst in Europe even though we’re an island!! Take care all!:)(y)

Yep......life in Australia has been virtually unchanged from pre covid-19.

The east coast got a bit of a flogging but here in Western Australia, we've still had absolutely no community transmission.

Our state borders remain as tight as a frog's butt to the rest of the world.

So our vaccine won't be getting to us for another month or so.......fair too.

I think there are far more deserving countries in the world that need it currently.

But being a frontline healthcare worker, I'll be one of the first in line to get it.

Stay safe everyone, to my worldwide friends who have been absolutely destroyed by this thing, this vaccine is a step in the right direction my darlings.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
All the angst against vaccine is crazy. I think this thread is tangential but we are all concerned about getting back to music. And these vaccines a sure fire want to do so. As long as it doesn't breach political I think just talking about a vaccine that can bring back music and put drummers back to work great. But I shouldn't get off on talking science-I did so for several decades so hard to put down. Generally people take it all wrong anyways from my FB experience I'm discovering of late. I was going to post an educational article related to the new vaccines. My wife, a physician, said don't do it people will take it all wrong. I said why no people want to be educated and know the facts? Because in one sentence the word "reactive" was in it. I thought she was silly but no I was. She was right no one got the message just saw "reactive". Damn live and learn.

felonious69

When my car needs fixing...if I can't do it myself I use a mechanic.
When I need drum advise, I ask people who have been drumming for longer than I.
When I need my colon scoped, I don't ask a politician or blogger I use an ass doctor.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Colon cancer runs in my family so my GI doc runs through my plumbing every 3-5 years to remove polyps . I use to ask him about some new cutting edge diagnostic or something related to colon cancer which he was generally clueless. To be fair he’s to busy doing scopes and what not to keep up with stuff that isn’t available and still in research phase. I ask a pharmacist professor friend of mine all my vaccine questions- not a physician. All have a niche to fill .Thst diagnostic test I mentioned never came to fruition so more butt plumbing in my future-boy I was hopeful. The prep is worse than procedure.

Old Dog new Cans

I wear a mask, I clean everything, over and over. Wash rinse repeat. HOWEVER, I'm waiting before I get the vaccination. A doctor friend of my sister told her that covid patients are dying after vaccinated (due to the vaccine not covid), but you will never hear that because it's simply called, "death due to covid". I'm not an anti-vacc person "persay". Here's my angle. I have more than a few pre-existing conditions. Hell, my sister called me the boy in the bubble in the 70s and 80s because I was ALWAYS sick. The last time I got a flu shot, I had the flu multiple times. I'm getting sick, no matter what (normal kinds of sick). So, I quit getting the flu shot. It does NOTHING for me. I don't trust pharmaceutical companies. Too many meds have some of the worst damn side effects, It's absolutely laughable. Yes, let's take a skin medication that gets rid of that scaly skin, but it gives you bloody diarrhea, ear aches, gas, sore knees, WHO KNOWS WTF.

You know, just because it's approved by the FDA and those companies, means nothing to me. I simply don't believe a few months of trials is going to reveal the complete truth. Most medications go through years of trials to be approved.

Enter At Your Own RIsk.

And in case you're wondering, I'm not a Jennifer McCarthy follower. :rolleyes:

felonious69

my sister called me the boy in the bubble
Was just gonna say, from your picture, you don't look anything like John Travolta.

I used to get the flu from the flu shot...either that or it just didn't work. So I stopped getting it for years. I have gotten the shot for the last four years and haven't gotten the flu, so I guess I'll keep getting it now.

Yamaha Rider

From some of my recent reading it seems most experts think this Coronavirus is here to say so now endemic to humans-so no need for an intermediate host. So it maybe seasonally jumping form N to S Hemispheres and now with new strains evolving like the Brazil (P1 strain) one appears to be evasive to immunity much H1N1 evolved in flu. I think with vaccines but more important all the molecular design gurus-who their expertise hasn't been touched but they are using monoclonal neutralizing antibodies, nanotechnology, and peptide-vaccines to treat cancers with great success in clinical trials. There is also more than one domain/protein to make vaccines other than S spike protein-that I'm sure one of the 50 vaccines being tested is using both strategies. There is a whole host of antiviral peptides that have't even been tested. I don't know why all the big guns weren't pulled out because there's a bunch of ways to skin a cat-and a huge literature related to SARS and MERS and treatments and therapies. The cocktail they give people is keeping a bunch out of ICU's so really I have a lot of optimism no matter what the virus evolves and does we can handle it. I think it's because we have been in reactive mode and now I can see proactive strategies in literature. Globally it was a cluster funk. So I'm hoping everybody can get back to normal normal. We should consider vaccinating zoonotic species that scientist already follow their coronaviruses looking for ones that might jump. Nip it in the bud before it does so.
What's your latest view on the escape from the Wuhan lab theory?

Yamaha Rider

I wear a mask, I clean everything, over and over. Wash rinse repeat. HOWEVER, I'm waiting before I get the vaccination. A doctor friend of my sister told her that covid patients are dying after vaccinated (due to the vaccine not covid), but you will never hear that because it's simply called, "death due to covid". I'm not an anti-vacc person "persay". Here's my angle. I have more than a few pre-existing conditions. Hell, my sister called me the boy in the bubble in the 70s and 80s because I was ALWAYS sick. The last time I got a flu shot, I had the flu multiple times. I'm getting sick, no matter what (normal kinds of sick). So, I quit getting the flu shot. It does NOTHING for me. I don't trust pharmaceutical companies. Too many meds have some of the worst damn side effects, It's absolutely laughable. Yes, let's take a skin medication that gets rid of that scaly skin, but it gives you bloody diarrhea, ear aches, gas, sore knees, WHO KNOWS WTF.

You know, just because it's approved by the FDA and those companies, means nothing to me. I simply don't believe a few months of trials is going to reveal the complete truth. Most medications go through years of trials to be approved.

Enter At Your Own RIsk.

And in case you're wondering, I'm not a Jennifer McCarthy follower. :rolleyes:
Patients already ill are dying of the vaccine?
Given that it takes several weeks before the vaccine gives protection, they are probably dying of the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.