Covid -19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

we (teachers) get ours starting this week...

and it is just the beginning...not the quick fix...the pandemic will be around as long as people make bad choices and ignore experts advice...or try to become the experts themselves...

Auspicious

H9xW6R8.gif

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Which vaccine did you take Johnny? Moderna or Pfizer? I haven't even got on a list in my area yet-it's all booked up.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
From some of my recent reading it seems most experts think this Coronavirus is here to say so now endemic to humans-so no need for an intermediate host. So it maybe seasonally jumping form N to S Hemispheres and now with new strains evolving like the Brazil (P1 strain) one appears to be evasive to immunity much H1N1 evolved in flu. I think with vaccines but more important all the molecular design gurus-who their expertise hasn't been touched but they are using monoclonal neutralizing antibodies, nanotechnology, and peptide-vaccines to treat cancers with great success in clinical trials. There is also more than one domain/protein to make vaccines other than S spike protein-that I'm sure one of the 50 vaccines being tested is using both strategies. There is a whole host of antiviral peptides that have't even been tested. I don't know why all the big guns weren't pulled out because there's a bunch of ways to skin a cat-and a huge literature related to SARS and MERS and treatments and therapies. The cocktail they give people is keeping a bunch out of ICU's so really I have a lot of optimism no matter what the virus evolves and does we can handle it. I think it's because we have been in reactive mode and now I can see proactive strategies in literature. Globally it was a cluster funk. So I'm hoping everybody can get back to normal normal. We should consider vaccinating zoonotic species that scientist already follow their coronaviruses looking for ones that might jump. Nip it in the bud before it does so.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I wish the fight against cancer..alzheimers..had this level of interest/study.
There is interest in fact more -my first post doc was with a pediatric hematologist oncologist and I have several friends studying cancer and multi drug resistance. Alzheimer’s a big field for decades . The nano-world of viruses like deep sea exploration just getting started. Personal genetics tops designer treatments.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Here's the guy I did my first post doc. He was a clinician and researcher-super bright man. https://sitc.sitcancer.org/membership/2016-elections/david-h-munn-md
I was in his lab during pioneer work on IDO and T-cell suppression. I wasn't a cancer biologist, I was vascular and neuro oriented but he was also researching macrophages and inflammatory cytokines-and that related to atherosclerosis

felonious69

as long as people make bad choices and ignore experts advice...or try to become the experts themselves...
In the last year I have seen so many people in THIS frame of mind...and then it finally hits them, and they change their tune. (sometimes they don't even change their tune and are willing to believe ONLY what they are willing to believe, and die believing that!!!!!)

Why does it take that to convince some people?

Took mom to get hers yesterday...called her today...just to check up again...she's fine.
I will get mine when my "turn" comes up.

felonious69

We had a pharmacist here in Wisconsin charged with PURPOSEFULLY leaving out overnight (twice) COVID vaccines...570 doses!
What makes someone THAT MUCH OF A SCUMBAG?

Blk Diamond

Congrats Johnny!

My mom, who just turned 82 last month, got her first shot/dose of the Pfizer vaccine last Thursday. :)

toddmc

Gold Member
I’ve got a cousin in Australia who hasn’t been touched by this at all and living a normal life...the Aussies (and Kiwis) have smashed it...?? In the UK it’s been something of a disaster...we’re the worst in Europe even though we’re an island!! Take care all!:)(y)
We've had a few minor lockdowns here and there otherwise we've been very lucky.

Stroman

Platinum Member
My son, who is a high school teacher, got his first dose. The day after, he had a fever and felt crappy, but it went away quickly. I don't know when it will be my turn, but I'm ready!

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

We had a pharmacist here in Wisconsin charged with PURPOSEFULLY leaving out overnight (twice) COVID vaccines...570 doses!
What makes someone THAT MUCH OF A SCUMBAG?

I saw that on the news....so yeah, as long as there are THOSE types of people, the COVIDs are here to stay.

I thought I saw that it also happened in FLA too...

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Problem with "experts" you can find some saying completely antithetical comments and both have a ton of science and peer-reviewed papers to support their posits-that's why it's a process. . But the problem with this particular instance is no one knew anything about it and if you follow the comments of the same expert they changed their opinion over and over again. Still changing their opinions.
What's amazing to me is the parallel evolution that seems to be occurring with the three novel strains-because it's showing up in people who haven't traveled and seems to be occurring independently all over the place. They say by March the prominent strain will be the B.1.1.7 (UK strain) which is better than the two other strains that seem to evade immunity somewhat. Of course it could form a new strain and negate all that-hence a process again. I am being patient waiting but the vaccine here in Georgia seems poorly organized. My in laws in 80s can't find it. My wife working at a big medical center doesn't have pull to help-which it really shouldn't but she takes care of them. She lives with me and can bring it home-apparently a chance even though she's vaccinated. So not sure why immediate family of health care workers not immunized? But I'm sure I'll eventually get it-so I'm done second guessing any of it anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.