Cool Jobs of Forum Members

pimp_my_RIDE

I understand there is already a thread for what you do, BUT, this is for us with a really original or cool job:)
So Best Buy didn't work out, and as of today, I'm now working at a Hooters:)
Quite the amazing job, the people I know already are amazing people, the women are amazing as well, and I can only imagine what else I will encounter.
I may not have much of a belief in God, but if there is one, this is surely a blessing upon me:)
This is a great opportunity to share work stories as well:)

zzdrummer

I work at a mexican restaurant as a bus boy on weekends because of school. I'm the only one that doesn't speak spanish, so I guess thats cool?

TheGroceryman

Silver Member
I get paid 25 bucks an hour to umpire baseball games... ha ha ha. really cool job. Best part is i get paid cash and cash only.

T

trkdrmr

I got to be part of the team that tested that GBU-28 "bunker buster" and another that tested the AMRAAM missile. That was kinda cool.

I guess the coolest was helping airlift Presidential and secret service vehicles when he travels.

beatsMcGee

Pioneer Member
dunno if this is cool or not but i do some valet parking on the side, and i get to drive really COOL cars. :)

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Any Yankee fans out there who may remember Jeff Nelson, pitcher, I use to umpire his Little League games.

TheGroceryman

Silver Member
Any Yankee fans out there who may remember Jeff Nelson, pitcher, I use to umpire his Little League games.
I guess that's pretty cool. But how do you even know that? you remember the little kids names' you umpired? I sure dont lol.

Working at cold stone must be a sweet job (no pun intended).

eddiehimself

Platinum Member
I guess that's pretty cool. But how do you even know that? you remember the little kids names' you umpired? I sure dont lol.

I guess it's just like one of those things where you would only remember them if they were mentioned to you later like if they became famous or something, if that makes sense? Maybe he kept having to shout at him cos he kept breaking the rules all the time :p.

I am UNEMPLOYED. However i'm applying to do automotive engeneering next year at uni so i will be donning the boiler suit and spanner set (nah i think it's slightly more sophisticated than that :p) so that should be pretty cool.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member

He was my sons age and he was good. We kept track of his career thru the papers.

rmandelbaum

Platinum Member
I have a job in the IT industry but there is one cool aspect, i get to travel the world. Dinner in downtown Paris, or on a canal in Venice. Scuba diving on the great barrier reef to name a few. It has been a very cool opportunity for me.

oldrockdrummer

I am a high end kitchen and bath remodeling contractor.just finished a 75000 dollar bathroom for someone, its pretty amazing to see how the wealthy spend money on themselves.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I am a high end kitchen and bath remodeling contractor.just finished a 75000 dollar bathroom for someone, its pretty amazing to see how the wealthy spend money on themselves.
75,000 just for the bathroom. I would have to go outside rather than do my business in such luxury. Man.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Does that mean you cut bait on a charter fishing boat? Just kidding; everyone loves their butcher.

aydee

Platinum Member
That's way cooler than working at hooters! Steve is awesome.
Always tunes the drums himself. ( takes a long time over them.. longer than one might think..). Not overly obsessed with what shells he plays as long as he's got his sizes,heads & tuning right. Contrary to popular belief, he is heck of a nice guy who takes great trouble to support and encourage the 'less fortunate' amongst us.