Cool drum facts you've heard late

Juniper

Gold Member
As the thread title suggests a thread for cool drum based facts you've only heard or even realised late.

Mine is: I always assumed/heard that Buddy Rich's final drum kit was his restored Slingerland Radio King set and played this up to his passing. However a couple of months ago I stumbled on an article on Not So Modern Drummer that his last kit was in fact a DW, supplied to him in 1982.

Obviously he changed around kits/endorsements regularly but it was still a revelation. Never knew that.

I guess he did play pretty much every brand!!!

https://www.notsomoderndrummer.com/not-so-modern-drummer/submissions/reader-articles/dw-buddy-rich-drum-set

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
I heard that Ringo never played anything in the studio and all his tracks were done by either Travis Barker or John Lennon. Historical and cool drum fact.

mmulcahy1

Platinum Member
I heard that Ringo never played anything in the studio and all his tracks were done by either Travis Barker or John Lennon. Historical and cool drum fact.

So what did Ringo do in the Studio for all those years. Besides learn to play chess?

Mike Stand

Silver Member
So what did Ringo do in the Studio for all those years. Besides learn to play chess?

If you listen very very carefully, using only the best and most expensive audiophile stereo system in a completely soundproofed super-studio built into the heart of the Andes mountains... then, and ony only then, you can hear just the faintest hint of a scouse accent on the best hits by The Beach Boys.

So that's what Ringo was doing.

You heard it here first.