Converting FT to kick... with 9.5mm brackets

drumhedd

Hey folks! I've got an old Ludwig 16x16 that I'd like to convert to a kick for bop gigs. I'd rather not drop an obscene amount of cash on something ridiculously over-engineered like the DW tom cradle.

Been doing some poking around on the web, and the problem is I can't find any conversion kits that include spurs that will fit the old 9.5mm classic brackets on my floor tom. I'd rather not drill for new mounts. Any suggestions?

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
Hey folks! I've got an old Ludwig 16x16 that I'd like to convert to a kick for bop gigs. I'd rather not drop an obscene amount of cash on something ridiculously over-engineered like the DW tom cradle.

Been doing some poking around on the web, and the problem is I can't find any conversion kits that include spurs that will fit the old 9.5mm classic brackets on my floor tom. I'd rather not drill for new mounts. Any suggestions?
Make your own spurs.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I bought a kit from MF for 70.00 that included the Dunnett spurs, riser, and a tom holder for the third leg mount but they no longer sell them. check eBay and see what you can find. I know there are cheaper kits out there.

drumhedd

Perfect, those repro spurs should do the trick. The Dunnett kit looks nice and well-engineered but as far as I can tell was only produced in 10.5 and 12.5mm sizes. Thanks guys! Now all I need is a riser and I'm in business :)