Connecting iPhone via usb to rec n share using EAD10

Lawce

Evening all. Sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong place. I’m trying to record using the Yamaha EAD10 via the rec n share app. All is going well until I press record, then I’m getting a message saying please connect device to a Yamaha product!! I’m actually connected to the EAD10 via usb cable and a lightning jack but it doesn’t seem to be finding it. iPhone 7. Any ideas how to fix? Thanks in advance

KamaK

Platinum Member
My understand was that it required the apple camera connection kit. Was that incorrect?

Example:

Lawce

My understand was that it required the apple camera connection kit. Was that incorrect?

Example:
Yes mate that’s what I meant. I’ve done that but the app is just saying please connect a device to a Yamaha product. It’s bloody annoying lol

KamaK

Platinum Member
Yes mate that’s what I meant. I’ve done that but the app is just saying please connect a device to a Yamaha product. It’s bloody annoying lol
I just want to make certain I am double sure and crystal clear..

You have the Apple "Camera Adapter"? The one linked above that you bought online from the Apple website or at a physical Apple store?

Please understand that there's pretty much only one model of adapter in existence that works at the moment, and that incompatible adapters will cause exactly the symptoms you are experiencing.

Last edited:

Lawce

I just want to make certain I am double sure and crystal clear..

You have the Apple "Camera Adapter"? The one linked above that you bought online from the Apple website or at a physical Apple store?

Please understand that there's pretty much only one model of adapter in existence that works at the moment, and that incompatible adapters will cause exactly the symptoms you are experiencing.
I haven’t got the genuine apple adapter, it’s an aftermarket thingeymebob. I’ll have to get the genuine one by the looks of it. Cheers bud

KamaK

Platinum Member
I haven’t got the genuine apple adapter, it’s an aftermarket thingeymebob. I’ll have to get the genuine one by the looks of it. Cheers bud
Excellent.

The crux of it is:

A lightning to USB cable is for outputting stuff from your iPhone (plugging it into a stereo and outputting sound)
A lightning to USB camera adapter is for inputting stuff into the iPhone.

There's a difference between which side is negotiated as Host/Master.

Lawce

Excellent.

The crux of it is:

A lightning to USB cable is for outputting stuff from your iPhone (plugging it into a stereo and outputting sound)
A lightning to USB camera adapter is for inputting stuff into the iPhone.

There's a difference between which side is negotiated as Host/Master.
It’s a bit of a ball ache. But I guess that’s why Apple rule the market

clarkeg

Hi

I'm jumping in very late to this thread but maybe someone can help me. I bought an EAD10 just before Christmas and I cannot get it to recognise my iphone 8. Everytime I press 'record' I get that same message referred to above 'please connect to an appropriate Yamaha digital musical instrument.....'. I am using a proper Apple lightning to USB camera adapter too. So, I really don't know what could be the issue. Is it perhaps the USB to 3.5mm plug cable that needs also to be genuine Apple product also?? (this is the one from the Lightning to USB camera adapter to the 'aux in' at the back of the EAD10 unit itself). I'm losing the will to live with this thing and close to putting it back in the box and returning it. So, any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
To add.

This one works too.

This was all I needed to get the app working.

(although exporting a pirce prooved to be finnicky at best).

clarkeg

To add.

This one works too.

This was all I needed to get the app working.

(although exporting a pirce prooved to be finnicky at best).
Thanks for that suggestion, but I don't see why the Apple lightning to USB camera adapter that I just bought won't work. In the photo is the current cable arrangement I have. The Apple lighting to USB camera adapter plugs into my phone (iphone 8) and the 3.5mm jack (the black cable) goes into the 'Aux in' at the back of the EAD10 unit. Apart from the specific type of Apple lighting to USB camera adapter, is yours the same?

Thanks again :)

Attachments

AzHeat

Platinum Member
You’ll Have to use the USB to USB cable to connect to the EAD, as it will also control the EAD to some extent. Your current setup won’t work and has no way of controlling the unit. You’ll also need to connect your charger and cable to the other port to have enough power to make the connection function.

1609427994108.png
1609428048946.jpeg
The host can be your phone or laptop which will effectively work as your DAW to play the click, music and record.

Last edited:

vtran711

I use both To Host port and Aux In. Ipad connected TO HOST and phone connected to Aux In. Depending on what I'm doing I'll use one or the other. As others have said RecNShare only works with the TO HOST port.

Glad you got it working!