Complete Rogers Drum Kit

cbphoto

Gold Member
I went to a small party last night and in one of the bedrooms was this pristine Rogers maple drum kit from c.1978. The snare was an add-on, and not pictured is a Camco bass drum pedal in perfect condition. As the owner said, it's never been "on the road".

I've seen many Rogers snares in the past, but never a complete kit. The Memrilocs are fully functional, and the double tom mount is a design I've never seen (is that center post long enough for those power toms?).

Perhaps the Rogers fans here will appreciate this.

(Sorry for the potato-quality images.)

Attachments

Mongrel

Silver Member
If I recall correctly, the "center post" is intentionally designed that way-to take pressure off the top of the shell from the weight of those toms by supporting the weight using the bottom of the shell. I think there was a rubber cap on the lower part of the post at one time.

In all their glory, before the fall of the house of Rogers.....

*sigh*

JohnPloughman

Silver Member
1982-83. Snare drum is 800-1000 on its own. Extra long sizes aren't as desirable as traditional sizes.... 2000-2500+ 10-15% for condition, total package..

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
I think these are an Island Music era kit, mid '80s maybe? I remember those being the first major brand that used gaskets on their shell-mounted hardware. I'm sure that it was intended to help protect lacquered shells, although I was always confused as to why, since you never saw what was going on under the lugs and mounts anyway! A nice attention to detail that really did nothing at all. :O

Bermuda

lefty2

Platinum Member
I thought Rogers drums were already gone by the time deep sizes, and gaskets under the hardware were in use. I guess they wern't, because there they are.

cbphoto

Gold Member
Great clarification on the date & model. Thanks guys.

To quote the owner, “it was one of the best kits available” at the time.

The Zildjian crash, ride and hats were purchased with the kit, too. The splash and its aux attachment came much later.

JohnPloughman

Silver Member
I thought Rogers drums were already gone by the time deep sizes, and gaskets under the hardware were in use. I guess they wern't, because there they are.
Rogers built drums to the end of 1983, and very few in the beginning months of 1984. By the end of June 1984, Rogers was shuttered, all inventory sold off or headed to the landfill.