Comparing Roland Kits

FritzDrummer

I have been looking at purchasing an electric kit for a few months now but am in no immediate rush. To start with, it would be my at home kit. After I become more comfortable with it, it may become my gigging kit. I have been considering the Roland TD-11kv as well as the TD-25kv. I am keeping an eye out for a TD-15kv used but have had little success so far. I am leaning towards the TD-25 as of now due to the fact that I prefer the toms and hi hat on that kit compared to the TD11, but have not ruled the 11 out yet. The price of the 11 is attractive and has many of the needed features I am looking for. Does anyone have experience with either or both kits? I would like to have 2 crash cymbals, ride and hi hat. Does the TD-11 allow for adding a second crash? I believe I read somewhere it does, but wanted to confirm! Thanks everyone!

electrodrummer

Does the TD-11 allow for adding a second crash? I believe I read somewhere it does, but wanted to confirm! Thanks everyone!
Hiya!

Download and read the manuals for the answers to all your questions :) They are free and on the Roland website(s)

But, yes, the TD11 has an input called "Crash 2"

(personally I would't buy either as neither have MIDI IN and they both have those annoying spider/octopus/snake cables - but that's just me...)

Good luck with the search...

Here's the TD11

Vinny

I picked up a used Roland TD11KV set last fall at GC. I loved it! So much so that I started taking lessons.

It was the model with the mesh pads. It had a USB port so I could load my own music to play along with. The two rack toms were a little small but they all sounded great.

I ended up returning it to guitar center after 45 days in order to buy an acoustic kit.

Ever since I bought the acoustic drums I have wasted tons of time trying to figure out how to reduce the volume.

I would really like to get those Roland's again because the acoustic set it just to loud.

T.L.

Hi Fritz,

I haven't played the 11k set, but as an owner of the 25k (not kv), I can definitely vouch for it as a quality set, for practicing.

This was my first electronic kit and I've found it user friendly.

The 25k has an input for "Crash 2", so you could get it and then add the crash as a separate purchase (potentially cheaper than buying the 25kv?)...The stand that comes with the 25k already has the arm for a second crash so all you'd need is to buy the extra crash.