Comfortable Throne Recommendations

tried a spinal glyde, too heave and didt do anything, use a roc n soc at reheasal, always good, I gig with a gibraltar tractor style.
HOWEVER.....The absolute best, most comfortable throne i ever sat on was a Sound Seat. They use a base shaped like an old rocking chair with the buttand thigh grooves. no one else does that and if you ever sat on a wood chair with that shape, you know its comfortable. then add padding and leather and its just betond any other drum throne you can imaging for comfort. 300 buck for the top only to start so its not cheap but i will always want one!

My final post here disappeared for some reason. I bought the Roc 'N Soc tractor seat and it is just what I needed. Case closed. No more sore butt.

My final post here disappeared for some reason. I bought the Roc 'N Soc tractor seat and it is just what I needed. Case closed. No more sore butt.
Nice. Manual or hydraulic spindle?

Manual. Don't need the hydraulic.
The only time I've found hydraulic to be helpful is when there are multiple drummers using it...then the quick adjust is handy. Otherwise, I've found hydraulic to be a pain, especially when the canister fails and the seat goes up and down at will. Not fun.

The only time I've found hydraulic to be helpful is when there are multiple drummers using it...then the quick adjust is handy. Otherwise, I've found hydraulic to be a pain, especially when the canister fails and the seat goes up and down at will. Not fun.

my canister finally failed last year....after almost 30 years of use. I think it did ok!

I’ll submit a somewhat outlier choice, one that completely changed my drumming life. The Motion Pro. It was designed by a chiropractor in the San Francisco Bay Area.

It’s a two-piece design, with independent suspension for each butt cheek. Each piece is supported by several industrial-grade springs. The beauty of this design for me is, whichever direction I lean, the support is there but the springs allow each piece to move with me, including forward and back. Keeps the cushions from digging in to the back of my legs.

The split design also keeps pressure off the tailbone. Similar to the Carmichael design but better, in my opinion, due to the spring support. I tried the Carmichael and it didn’t work for me.

Here are a couple of pics:

View attachment 146775View attachment 146776

I also have a round top version. Both feel great. I prefer cloth over vinyl but they’re also offered with vinyl. I’ve been using mine faithfully for over ten years now and they are my all-time MVP pieces of equipment. I could do my thing with any gear or brand, but I wouldn’t want to play another beat without my Motion Pro thrones.

Here’s the link to the website:

I've been using a Pork Pie round top for the last 15 years but this seems pretty cool. Thanks for the heads up! (y)

Reactions: RVC
Back