Coffee

Auspicious

Silver Member
I stopped drinking coffee several years ago, I thought it was running my health for the account of the job.

But in fact I still drink coffee occasionally, like once per week, to be able to enjoy my hobbies in an "enhanced way".

Tonight I was practicing the brushes with a bit of struggle then I went to the kitchen to pour myself a small espresso.. it's amazing the improvements. And It'a sad because without the drug, the experience is significantly inferior, it's motivating my brain to subdivide more things in time. (like overclocking a computer processor ?)

It's not possible to drink coffee all the time especially on the week evening..

Do you like to play the drums with the effect of coffee and do you find it better then naturally?

Going back to the kit right now, to practice more while the caffeine is still kicking. :)

Your perceived performance enhancement after imbibing coffee isn't imaginary. In moderation, caffeine improves concentration, endurance, and reaction time. This is why sports drinks and supplements are sometimes caffeinated.

Moderation is important, and everyone has a different tolerance for caffeine. Some become anxious after ingesting even small volumes, whereas others can have four cups of coffee and remain as calm as a pond on a windless morning. Knowing your limit is essential.

Coffee is also loaded with antioxidants, which have numerous health benefits. It's significantly better for you than many other drinks. I see no reason to avoid it unless you experience uncomfortable reactions of some sort.

Truthfully when I was into energy drinks I was better at concentrating and focusing......for 45 minutes. Coffee?...not strong enough...unless it was a mega high espresso.

Caffeine gets my mind flowing better. But im a coffee snob and coffee addict so Its affects are wearing off on me.

I normally go to bed at 9. Most of my gigs start at 9 so whenever it's available I drink coffee through the whole gig. But I'm an addict anyway LOL love my coffee

@C.M. Jones
I noticed that 1 coffee per week, the effect is very strong while 1 coffee per day or more, the body quickly becomes accustomed and it's causing only side effects like trouble sleeping and stressing my digestive system.

You could try a low-caffeine blend or even make a pot than consists of half regular grounds and half decaf grounds. I'm sure there's a formula that would be optimal for you. Finding it might allow you to enjoy the positive influences of caffeine without suffering the side effects.

I love coffee and can't imagine subsisting without it. And yes, it enhances every physical and intellective activity I partake in, including drumming.

I love coffee but switched to decaf in December because the caffeine wrecks my anxiety. Newmans Own is a wonderful decaf, and its decaffeinated with swiss water process, not chemicals like most decafs. I also drink herbal teas now.

I drank a Mtn. Dew two days ago and went outside with a machete and cleared a bunch of saplings/small trees. There are definitely some advantages to caffeine. I cant do it everyday though. I can't do it while drumming either, it dehydrates me too quickly.

Yes, drummers cut down trees with a machete. It only seems right.

I love coffee but switched to decaf in December because the caffeine wrecks my anxiety. Newmans Own is a wonderful decaf, and its decaffeinated with swiss water process, not chemicals like most decafs. I also drink herbal teas now.

I drank a Mtn. Dew two days ago and went outside with a machete and cleared a bunch of saplings/small trees. There are definitely some advantages to caffeine. I cant do it everyday though. I can't do it while drumming either, it dehydrates me too quickly.

Yes, drummers cut down trees with a machete. It only seems right.

Have you tried replacing coffee with caffeinated tea -- such as English blends? Tea releases caffeine into the bloodstream at a slower rate than coffee. The result is improved concentration without jitters or a crash.

Have you tried replacing coffee with caffeinated tea -- such as English blends? Tea releases caffeine into the bloodstream at a slower rate than coffee. The result is improved concentration without jitters or a crash.
No. I just bailed on caffeine. I like coffee for the taste, the warmth, the smell. Caffeine was just an added bonus, but I cant handle it anymore so it had to go. I'm thoroughly enjoying being able to have decaf. I feel much calmer since I went caffeine free too.

I too love coffee. But I have had to cut back on the time of day that I can drink it. I now will not drink coffee after 12 Noon. I feel it negatively impacts my sleep at night.

I love the smell of brewing coffee in the morning, but don’t really drink it. My wife loves coffee enough for the both of us.
Even not so strong coffee gives me jitters, but I can drink English and Irish breakfast tea w no problems.
Kind of a tangent, but I get a mental and physical boost from drinking essential amino acids. I started trying aminos for workout purposes and found they improved my mood, clarity and concentration.

C'mon!...not one drummer has noticed? how innocent and fun this thread is?. Drummers talking coffee...its just refreshing and enjoyable...no wonder I'm half addicted to this place...just drummers hanging from around the country and in a split second could defend rippled bottom hihats vs non. You people rule!.

I don't drink coffee I take tea my dear! I drink the stuff for England.

If I'm working or recording I've usually got a brew on. Builders strength aka put hairs on other peoples chests.
I was brought up in a family of tea bellies...it took me until I was 25 to realise that I never actually liked the stuff, and was just drinking it out of habit!! :) (y)

Back