Coffee

Without alcohol and coffee we would have never advanced as a civilization and in science to discover reality-and then psychotropic compounds where we lost reality -so we broke even.

Would you eat rabbit ?, whale ?, porpoise ?, snake ?, alligator ?, bear ?, duck ?, horse ?, turtle ?, rat ?, mouse ?, squirrel ?, octopus ?, worms?, or cockroach ??
I haven’t eaten whale, porpoise, horse, rat, mice,or cockroach. I may have eaten a roach that crawled in my mouth camping - I think I spit out most. I’m curious of what whale taste like but I wouldn’t eat one. I’d eat a horse push come to shove. I have a few friends who would stone me to death for doing so LOL. I might eat a rat ? if starving, but a mouse isn’t worth it. If I was on a dessert island I’d have pineapple upside down cake but if I were on a deserted island ? I’d eat all that list because I’d be starving. I’d feel bad eating a porpoise and I should for a whale but I bet it taste like beef LOL.

Last edited:
If I'm working or recording I've usually got a brew on. Builders strength aka put hairs on other peoples chests.
What does this entail? Please enlighten us across the pond.

"Got a brew on" = a pot of always-hot water?

"Builders strength" = four bags instead of two?

Would you eat rabbit ?, whale ?, porpoise ?, snake ?, alligator ?, bear ?, duck ?, horse ?, turtle ?, rat ?, mouse ?, squirrel ?, octopus ?, worms?, or cockroach ??
With exception to the first two, I've tried everything on your list.
Everyone on the forum has had the last two, whether they know it or not.

What does this entail? Please enlighten us across the pond.

"Got a brew on" = a pot of always-hot water?

"Builders strength" = four bags instead of two?

Always got a brew on means I make/drink a lot of tea.....well rent it as it usually means going to the little boys room more frequently!

Builders strength is on the outer extremities of the tea strength scale. Tea strength goes from 'waving the bag at it' to 'builders strength'. I didn't make the rules I merely abide by them ;). Pretty sure there's a similar scale for coffee on your side of the drink!

I draw the line at postman's strength. My granddad was a postie and he never got over getting up at 5am and the strength of his tea showed, you needed a knife and fork to drink that stuff!

I wonder why Civet? Who discovered that-I bet he got the looks. I want to try and feed coffee cherries it to a bird with a crop-so they can grind the beans-just scoop it up off the newspaper lining their cage and brew-take out the white stuff first-that's uric acid their pee. But the brown should be delicious and gold I hope-it could taste like doodoodie I guess. You can't make chicken soup from chicken poop but you can make coffee. Civets aren't a monkey-there a bunch of species but I don't think they have any relation to monkeys -different family and order as I recollect-many have cat like common names. Hence my reference to a cat.

I refuse to pay those prices so I keep my own Civit Monkeys and feed them Dunkin Donuts coffee beans.

I'll spare you the details, but that's some good s**t
They eat the cherries. Two coffee beans per cherry. Then excrete the beans. Flavor has been added. Not for me

I love shrimp-I'll peel them but usually don't bother deveining them, except for my wife. I ask her does she devein her crawdad's? How about give your oysters an enema? I rest my case. Shrimp are omnivores I think-actually I think they will eat anything organic as I recollect? So feed shrimp ground coffee-then sacrifice and devein and collect the veins to make your "special coffee". It will take a lot of shrimp and veins to make one cup so it will be some expensive crap for sure. I'll put Starbuck out of business BubbaBuck's coffee house. I'll need an olympic size salt water pool to keep my wild shrimp while I feed them coffee before harvest. I guess once I remove shells and devein I can also sell the shrimp-maybe they will have a unique flavor? Wow I can't lose. It will be a new craze like chicken on pancakes-Bubba Buck shrimp and coffee. I bet this how Ford started-with a great idea ROFL.

Last edited:
From what I recollect caffeine increases your reaction time-so "I reckon" drummers who drink coffee have an advantage over those who don't. That sounds like doping to me giving coffee drinkers an advantage. Time to ban coffee for drummers-it's discriminatory LOL. Course I guess you could drink Kopi Luwak since it's actually doodoo. It once was coffee but once it runs the digestive tract that's just a vestige of it's former self. I know some people think it's good "stuff" but I usually flush "stuff" and not drink it LOL.

The palm civet was the initial zoonotic host of the first SARS. Probably from poor health because lacked a healthy diet from just eating coffee beans making Kopi luwak- that would be crazy.

ROFL yep that's how rumors start-lot of scientific dogma was similar (no evidence to support it was just a comment in a papers discussion). I think the main carrier was the masked palm civet, but raccoon dogs and rats would also carry the virus-no evidence in birds. SARS was one nasty virus that just disappeared-no one really knows what happened to it. It was much more deadly and no asymptomatic people so much easier to contact trace, but it still spread around globe (but only 8000 people got sick-10-11% died). I wish this virus had similarly. There are several species of civets-I'm not sure which is used for Kopi Luwak-I bet PETA raises cane with them-seems inhumane-just for a crappy cup of coffee.

I bet PETA raises cane with them
PETA is only interested in $$$ and publicity. They kill animals, and arent the animal saviors they would like us all to think they are.

Their tactics are criminal and unethical, dont think we should have pets, feel stray animals should be euthanized instead of adopted, and have targeted our children with "comic books" in the past.

mommykills-193x300.png

Read more about it here:

Wow Mr Polack I did a rotation in grad school with this Anterior eye chamber guru. He was super prolific smart man-from UK originally. Well he used a rabbit model. They took great care of them and humanely experiment on their anterior chamber in situ-so never killed or really harmed the animals except if needed histology. It was mostly physiological experiments. PETA were terrorist-they slashed tires and just crazy. They scared me.

There were some creepy medical students who scared me too. One did have a mental breakdown and dropped out-boy I saw that coming. The other was this married guy who would come to our lab to hit on female staff and grad students-he was a lounge lizard looking character. My professor was lamenting the problem and I told him I'd go threaten him and see if that would scare him off. He told me no-he carried a gun and I shouldn't do it. I told him I've had guns pulled on me before. He just looked shocked and said "I'll handle it Art". Which I guess he did-the guy disappeared. I bet he told that guy "Art is a lunatic who carries a gun and he is pissed at you hitting on his harem" ROFL. I was odd man out-only male in lab except my professor. They were all pretty awesome-two would bring in Monkey bread and good coffee-not that crap they served in common area. I put on some pounds during that time. They would help look me professional before I'd present-I was the school slob. I prefer working with women more so than men. When I worked with vascular surgeons it was mostly males and they were mostly whacked-there was just one female who rotated through lab-she was awesome

Back