Cody Carnes - The Cross Has the Final Word

joshvibert

The tom part on the bridge was a little tricky to figure out, so I slowed down the video on Youtube and transcribed it. This is me playing along to the song with a brief explanation/slowed-down tutorial of the tom part at the end.

The audio and video is just my iPhone 7. Sounds not too bad I think. I was going to buy a Zoom, but I think this is probably just as good as a Zoom recording. Some day I'll upgrade to and interface and real mics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtJKftwhyBY

AzHeat

Platinum Member
Excellent playing and great toutorial. The song really defines the complexities surrounding worship songs. There's rarely anything straight forward with them and finesse just takes time to develop to play them correctly. Love it.

Audio is surprisingly good for an iPhone. Lacks low end, but I'm surprised it picked up as much as it did.

joshvibert

Excellent playing and great toutorial. The song really defines the complexities surrounding worship songs. There's rarely anything straight forward with them and finesse just takes time to develop to play them correctly. Love it.

Audio is surprisingly good for an iPhone. Lacks low end, but I'm surprised it picked up as much as it did.
Fantastic playing and rundown, JV! I see you're the owner of a DW kit! :) Nice!
Thank you gentlemen!

Stroker - Yes, a couple of them actually. I'm playing my Collector's Maple in Broken glass in the vid, but in the background you can see my Tobacco Burst Frequent Flyer. I really like them. Beautiful looking and sounding drums, at least to my taste.

AzHeat

Platinum Member
Someday, I too will join the ranks of the elite and embrace a beautiful DW kit. I'm kidding...but only about the elite part. :).

Destroyer772

Gold Member
That was really good, loved the Tom pattern. I will have to see if my Pastor has heard this song and run your video past him. Great playing, thanks for sharing.