CM Jones dumped Pearl for Sonor!!!

I call Bullcrap. Mr Jones might want another Pearl kit but he ain't jumping ship to SONOR. It takes an "irritant" to stimulate the production of a Pearl. Maybe he got irritated and growing a new Pearl ? Because though he loves his Sessions Studio Select kit (a great kit btw)-he's just got himself a yearning for something else-a new Pearl. You know how it is-a piece of food gets caught and next thing you know you're growing a New Pearl. It sneaks up on ya. I've seen it happen over and over.

CM Jones? Pearl? Sonor?

I don't get it. Sounds like an inside joke. Backstory anyone?

CM Jones? Pearl? Sonor?

I don’t think anyone in the history of anything has liked any brand as much as C.M. Jones loves Pearl. Apple fanbois camping out for days to get their hands on the newest iPhone? Amateurs. “Swifties” crashing Ticketmaster during Taylor Swift’s presale? Mere child’s play compared to C.M. Jones.

When asked what drums to get, no matter the price point or style of music, his answer remains the same. Pearl.

If offered an SQ2/Gretsch USA/Tama Star/PHX/DW Collectors kit—even for free—he’ll pass on it every time, preferring even a cheap Pearl Roadshow Jr. over these top-of-the-line kits.

He may be the only person alive who actually likes Pearl tom arms.

Finally, have you ever noticed that if you add up his initials, C (the 3rd letter) + M (the 13th letter) = P (the 16th letter)? That’s not an accident, it’s a reference to his favorite drums of all time—Pearl.

So the thought of C.M. dumping Pearl for Sonor, while reasonable to most of us, is absolutely unfathomable to him.

I don’t think anyone in the history of anything has liked any brand as much as C.M. Jones loves Pearl. Apple fanbois camping out for days to get their hands on the newest iPhone? Amateurs. “Swifties” crashing Ticketmaster during Taylor Swift’s presale? Mere child’s play compared to C.M. Jones.

When asked what drums to get, no matter the price point or style of music, his answer remains the same. Pearl.

If offered an SQ2/Gretsch USA/Tama Star/PHX/DW Collectors kit—even for free—he’ll pass on it every time, preferring even a cheap Pearl Roadshow Jr. over these top-of-the-line kits.

Finally, have you ever noticed that if you add up his initials, C (the 3rd letter) + M (the 13th letter) = P (the 16th letter)? That’s not an accident, it’s a reference to his favorite drums of all time—Pearl.

So the thought of C.M. dumping Pearl for Sonor, while reasonable to most of us, is absolutely unfathomable to him.
Thanks for the clarification. Actually, based upon you description, it sounds like a troll account.

Thanks for the clarification. Actually, based upon you description, it sounds like a troll account.
Except it wasn’t a troll account. And fortunately he wasn’t mental about his love of Pearl, unlike some other drummer (who shall remain nameless) who had a seriously unhealthy obsession over Mapex Saturns.

Last edited:
I love them. @C.M. Jones didnt use them, he is a no mount, snare basket guy with a virgin kick.

CM Jones? Pearl? Sonor?

@C.M. Jones is the poster child for simplicity and efficiency. He is devout Pearl, Zildjian, AHEAD. He owns one thing at a time, and does not stray from the path. He understands his place in life, and was not one to rock the boat at all, unless it was with grammatically whimsical banter.

The dude seems pretty straight and narrow with a good outlook on everything.

It does kind of sound like that. But as @TK-421 and @Out of Round have said, CM was about as far from being a troll as you could get. Knowledgeable, interesting, patient, funny—he was a most excellent member of the DW community.
My apologies to CM. He sounds like a good dude.
It does kind of sound like that. But as @TK-421 and @Out of Round have said, CM was about as far from being a troll as you could get. Knowledgeable, interesting, patient, funny—he was a most excellent member of the DW community.

I love them. @C.M. Jones didnt use them, he is a no mount, snare basket guy with a virgin kick.

@C.M. Jones is the poster child for simplicity and efficiency. He is devout Pearl, Zildjian, AHEAD. He owns one thing at a time, and does not stray from the path. He understands his place in life, and was not one to rock the boat at all, unless it was with grammatically whimsical banter.

The dude seems pretty straight and narrow with a good outlook on everything.
Hmmmm... I guess I'm the only one who likes Pearl to arms! 😉

You know, I thought CM was a troll account at first, too. I even gave him some grief. Once I realized he was legit (and a good guy, to boot) I apologized to him. We got along great after that, and he became one of my favorite contributors. I hope he has time to stop back in some day. I miss his posts here!

My sources tell me that Pearl shut down its discussion forum because of CM’s move to Sonor. The company figured that if someone as dedicated to their brand as CM could switch, they better not maintain a forum that is open to discussion of all drumming products, lest more faithful Pearl users abandon ship.

My sources tell me that Pearl shut down its discussion forum because of CM’s move to Sonor. The company figured that if someone as dedicated to their brand as CM could switch, they better not maintain a forum that is open to discussion of all drumming products, lest more faithful Pearl users abandon ship.
Steadypocket..its obvious that you are a man of high integrity..as painful as it can be sometimes..the truth needs to be told. I also firmly believe that the two most important things in CM's life are 👪 family..and his move to Sonor in which I feel made his life complete. He will come back someday and post pictures of he and his family gathered around his prized phonic kit. Trust me..i know what I'm talking about.

I like the functionality of Pearl tom arms. The look doesn't offend me either
As long as they're paired with the Optimount RIMS system. I have those on my Reference kit, although I haven't played the kit in over 5 yrs now!! Wait, I haven't touched a pair of sticks in exactly 12 mos now :(

so he pprobably had togive upp his seat on the board, and the beachfront house in Cabo too....

Back