"closing time" crash/ride ?

mxo721

I was watching the video " closing time" by simisonic, on youtube, the drummer appears to be riding a 16" crash/ride through most of the song. any ideas what cymbal that is ? thanks in advance for info.

jt.mcrae

To me it looks more like an 18 inch. Also just because he is playing a certain cymbal in the video, doesn't mean he played that cymbal in the studio. I've done video shoots before when none of the gear I have been using is mine except for the sticks. Your best bet would be to research the drummer and find out what gear he uses.
Jackson

mxo721

right you are JT. I didn't think of that, prolly a prop drum kit. I'm farily new to drumming. it sure sounds " splashy" for a 20" ? right now I have a zidjian 20" ping ride, and a sabian aax 16" thin crash, I want to add a 3rd cymbal, and I like the sound of the one in that vid. thanks again.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Looks and sounds like a 60's-70's vintage Zildjian 18,probably a medium crash possibly a crash/ride.As for a prop set of drums...those are 60's vintage Ludwig Super Classics,so not really just a prop.

That cymbal has so much wash because he's playing the very edge of it,and not the bow.

Steve B