Cleaning Cymbals (need reassurance)

Daphfz

Hey guys. im going to clean my mates cymbals tomorrow, and i was wondering, as i have had no experience with cleaning sabian or paiste cymbals, brasso wont damage the cymbal at all will it? I know wat im doing with the polishing and such, just need reassurance that the brasso wont damage the sabian or paiste cymbals. They are sabian aax's and paiste pst 3's.

And i dont want any replies saying 'why clean cymbals and all that', please reply to answer my question, thanks guys! :D

Daphfz

it does, but im very careful with it, i have special spounge tools that i use to precisely clean and leave the logo :), but brasso wouldnt damage the cymbal right?

Daphfz

I used brasso followed by hot soapy water, it worked really well :), i wish my camera was working so i could take pictures :(.

simpson

Did Brasso hurt the logo's at all? I know the cymbal cleaner that they sell in the drum shops works like a paint stripper on Logo's.

Daphfz

Yea it is very good for removing logos, but i was very careful, because my mate wanted to keep em(i dont like logos :p), i even use ear swabs to carefully do around the logo and in all the tiny gaps and such. but if you put a bit of brasso on the logo and u give it maybe 5 good rubs with a dishwashing cloth, its gone :).

simpson

I just did my cymbals with Zildjian Cymbal Cleaning Polish and they look amazing, Logo's are intact and I went right over them with the polish. I paid a little over 10.00 for a bottle, did eight cymbals and I have 3/4's of a bottle left. It's amazing stuff and it's from Zildjian.