Cleaner Forum without Google ads...

bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
As we discussed already: Google doesn't like Drummerworld Forum Discussions.
When we discuss beating (Drum-)Heads with Sticks - digging into (Drum-)head - Leave the head in the box :
They call it: "language Violation" "Hate-Speech" "Dangerous or derogatory content"
When i called for a review - which is possible - they insisted:
page was reviewed at your request and found to be non-compliant with our policies at the time of the review. Ad serving continues to be restricted or disabled..
So I don't like corresponding with machine idiots i decided to put away Google Ads. The missing some few Dollars don't count too much....
I hope the site is friendlier now without the ads....
Bernhard

Last edited:
It's definitely a lot friendlier and I like the new "look" to the forums, Bernhard! Great job!

Thank you! I will not miss those ads at all. And yes, clean-good look.

That’s hilarious but also sad they can’t make a simple distinction of context in word usage in regard to drumming - lord knows how a forum of surgeons or physicians would be met. Then ironic considering the ads Google does run. That’s just crazy all told - I don’t blame you for dropping it.

It does look great and I swear it's running a little more smoothly now - congrats on being able to put the general use and feel of the forum above any financial gains from the ads: you're a rare one these day Bernhard.

As we discussed already: Google doesn't like Drummerworld Forum Discussions.
When we discuss beating (Drum-)Heads with Sticks - digging into (Drum-)head - Leave the head in the box :
They call it: "language Violation" "Hate-Speech" "Dangerous or derogatory content"
When i called for a review - which is possible - they insisted:
page was reviewed at your request and found to be non-compliant with our policies at the time of the review. Ad serving continues to be restricted or disabled..
So I don't like corresponding with machine idiots i decided to put away Google Ads. The missing some few Dollars don't count too much....
I hope the site is friendlier now without the ads....
Bernhard
Censored - by robots. Welcome to the brave new cowardly world.

Because you are typing and not speaking, "behaving" is much simpler. You can backspace, delete, start over. Things you can't do when speaking. All is good until you hit the "post reply" button.

good on you B, google think theyre the be-all-and-end-all of things at times. (he says while using google chrome!!)

tbf though, i have 3 adblocks, a popup blocker, privacy badger, and few other browser add-ons that stop me seeing 99.8% of ads

Back