Cleaner Forum without Google ads...

Bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
As we discussed already: Google doesn't like Drummerworld Forum Discussions.
When we discuss beating (Drum-)Heads with Sticks - digging into (Drum-)head - Leave the head in the box :
They call it: "language Violation" "Hate-Speech" "Dangerous or derogatory content"
When i called for a review - which is possible - they insisted:
page was reviewed at your request and found to be non-compliant with our policies at the time of the review. Ad serving continues to be restricted or disabled..
So I don't like corresponding with machine idiots i decided to put away Google Ads. The missing some few Dollars don't count too much....
I hope the site is friendlier now without the ads....
Bernhard

Last edited:

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
That’s hilarious but also sad they can’t make a simple distinction of context in word usage in regard to drumming - lord knows how a forum of surgeons or physicians would be met. Then ironic considering the ads Google does run. That’s just crazy all told - I don’t blame you for dropping it.

Squirrel Man

Hooray for technology... lol, I remember when technology actually worked - that should be a post in the "you know you're old when..." thread.

I use AdBlock also and never see them but I know they're a source for revenue for website administrators, not much but helps offset subscription and server costs. I used to run a couple sites back when.

Just a thought if it isn't already here somewhere - set up a member voluntary contribution thread. I've done this on other forums and it helped a little, like ask for five bucks per member or something, annually or whatever. Frequent fliers usually aren't shy to help out. And a bigger amount could get you a special moniker for your profile.

NouveauCliche

It does look great and I swear it's running a little more smoothly now - congrats on being able to put the general use and feel of the forum above any financial gains from the ads: you're a rare one these day Bernhard.

Yamaha Rider

When we discuss beating (Drum-)Heads with Sticks - digging into (Drum-)head - Leave the head in the box :
They call it: "language Violation" "Hate-Speech" "Dangerous or derogatory content"
page was reviewed at your request and found to be non-compliant with our policies at the time of the review. Ad serving continues to be restricted or disabled..
So I don't like corresponding with machine idiots i decided to put away Google Ads. The missing some few Dollars don't count too much....
Bernhard
Censored - by robots. Welcome to the brave new cowardly world.

felonious69

Bernhard
I am new to drumming (June '20) and new to forums in general. On another drum forum site (I won't name), there is a HUGE barrage of adds. Nonstop really.
I understand that none of this is free, but, Man!
I came (to both) to find much needed info on drum related subjects I have no clue about, and here I find it.
The other site... I just couldn't get past all the solicitation.
I like your place!
Thank you!