Class ring curiosity

My school didn't have class rings. And even if it did, I don't get the point.

I couldn't wait to get out of high school. The last thing I would want to do would be commemorate it.

I had a class ring but lost it a long time ago. Peace and goodwill.

Any of you have one?..stone color...style....activity. Wear it while playing?.

Here is mine...typical Jostens ring: white gold band; (probably fake) amethyst stone

ring#3.jpg

Go Eagles!!
ring#2.jpg

this was the "rock band" music graphic. Has drums and a P-bass looking guitar, so bot hof my worlds were covered
ring#1.jpg

Did you marry your highschool sweetheart...

nope...did not date in HS..I was the fat, metalhead D&D nerd guy ( still am...not as fat tho); all the girls thought I "was a sweetheart teddy bear. Like my brother..." :censored:

do you think back on those years with fondness or glad they are gone.

I loved high school....did so much playing: marching, jazz, concert band; our rock band gigged all of the time; I had no drama in HS...probably cause I didn't date, and only cared about playing music, so I did not get caught up in the "popularity chase"; I teach at the school I graduated from, so technically I never left...

Oh...were you a rock god in school?...

actually, not to brag, but yes. Our high school band was all original NWOBHM/prog-metal influenced band a-la Maiden, Queensryche and Fates Warning. I played bass in that band. For our age, no one else was touching what we were doing musically. We played school dances - covers in those situations - and it was always a riot. We had a set, but would also take requests...that in itself was a blast. The challenge of playing a song on the spot...

We won numerous battle of the bands against adult bands all the time. We were regularly playing the local metal clubs by the summer of my sophomore/junior year; being used as a guinea pig band at The Recording Workshop for the students to learn recording techniques; played The Ohio State Fair 3 summers in a row..."headlined" the school talent show junior and senior year: played covers of Sweet Emotion and the Immigrant song and both years had the entire student body of the school (roughly 1200 kids) out of the bleachers and on the gym floor in a huge mosh pit, riot...the teachers hated it at the time, but loved it as a memory.

We all stayed best friends as the band split in college and we went on different musical adventures, and just this past fall, got back together to start playing again. I have also been teaching the son of our drummer - my best freind from before HS - in band at the same school....

Last edited:
Never did the class ring thing. Didn't care enough about high school to get one.
I can't play with rings on. They tear my hands up.
I was a metal drummer in high school, but never reached deity status. ?

Any of you have one?..stone color...style....activity. Wear it while playing?. Did you marry your highschool sweetheart...do you think back on those years with fondness or glad they are gone. I never purchased a ring but all these years later want one. Just curious about this. Oh...were you a rock god in school?...
Had one, wore it, but right now I've no idea what happened to it. I know the tassel from my cap hung from the rear-view mirror in my car for a bout a decade.

No.

No. I was a nerd. Chicks didnt dig me.

I could care less about that part of my life.

Nope.
+1
I couldn't articulate it much better except that I left HS at 16 and got a GED because, well, life costs money and HS doesn't pay.

5v18pd.jpg

Here in Oz you can get a "class shirt" with your stupid nickname at the top and the rest of class' names listed underneath. You are allowed to wear it for approx. 6 months after graduation but no longer 😁

Any of you have one?..stone color...style....activity. Wear it while playing?. Did you marry your highschool sweetheart...do you think back on those years with fondness or glad they are gone. I never purchased a ring but all these years later want one. Just curious about this. Oh...were you a rock god in school?...
No ring. I wore my wedding ring on a necklace during my practice marriage. No rings at all for me, they get in the way of playing guitar the way I do.

Didn't marry my high school sweetheart. We lasted for about 4 years, from junior year in high school until her junior year in college. Off and on the last year or so. Dodged a bullet, as heartbroken as I was at the time.

I suppose I look back on that era with a certain degree of fondness. It was a pretty fun time. Wouldn't want to do it again, though...

I was already making money as a musician back then, but most people I went to school with, didn't know and didn't care.

I did marry my high school sweetheart (31 years last April), but the class ring opportunity passed when the school I wanted one from closed.
I went to Carson Long Military Institute in the mid-80's & now that the gates are locked, any chance of getting a ring from there is gone. :(
I definitely don't wear rings when playing. They tear my hands up.

Never got it I couldn't wear one when I played. My school no longer exists I think.

I actually loved mine - I'm not sure where it is at the moment but if I find it I'll send a picture.

It was a really cool art deco style "I" in the middle for the Ignacio Bobcats - white gold - and it had two actual gold like columns on the side that surrounding a peridot rectangle (My birthstone) and in the middle of the peridot was the "I".

One one side it had a little beach scape and on the other side it a little forest scape.

I really like the ring and I would rock it today if not for the social faux paus of wearing a high school ring decades later haha.

I also had a black and red letterman's jacket (black body with red sleeves) that I like very much.

I much enjoyed HS - had great friends, had fun every day....had I not had my very particular group of friends I think I would have been an edgelord goth angry kid - but those guys were funny and active and I look back on those days fondly.

Back