Cissy Strut

OldReliable

Great cover, and that awesome double drumming definitely adds to the Greatful Dead vibe! How’d you guys split up the parts? I know in the Allman Brothers, Butch was usually the main groove player, and Jaimoe added some of the spicy cymbal flourishes and covered more Aux percussion.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Great cover, and that awesome double drumming definitely adds to the Greatful Dead vibe! How’d you guys split up the parts? I know in the Allman Brothers, Butch was usually the main groove player, and Jaimoe added some of the spicy cymbal flourishes and covered more Aux percussion.
Of course Grateful Dead is our inspiration, but we weren’t really trying to imitate them. We just did everything by improving, not much organization, but I was more the groove player and Jut is more flashy.
Nice! Sounded for all the world like the Grateful Dead covering The Meters!
Well thanks man! They are an inspiration, but that’s not what we were trying for.

Anon La Ply

Renegade
At first I was thinking, "Oh no, not Cissy Strut again" but the swampy rockified stoner feel was a refreshing spin on a tune usually played pretty similarly.