choosing double bass drum pedal !NEED HELP!

Giorgosg

please tell me what do you think is the best of these three:pDP SP502-Gibraltar Avenger 6611DB or Sonor DP-472R DOUBLE PEDAL thanks in advance !!

Souljacker

Silver Member
Gibraltar suck? I've heard nothing but good things about their pedals.

You're recommending him Axis pedals? By the look of the pedals mentioned he has a certain budget in mind and Axis are very expensive.

whiteknightx

Silver Member
I have an Avenger II double pedal and recently bought a pearl eliminator, and I am quite happy with both pedals, once you spend ome time getting them dialed in the way you like them.

I actually think the Avenger is a little underrated. I have no experience with the others you mentioned.

Derek Roddy

DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
please tell me what do you think is the best of these three:pDP SP502-Gibraltar Avenger 6611DB or Sonor DP-472R DOUBLE PEDAL thanks in advance !!
If you're looking for something economically affordable I'd recommend the DW 2000. I just got one for my practice kit and I was surprised how much I liked them....and, its affordable.

Most of you probably know I have an Axis signature pedal but, for the money.....the DW 2000 is great.

D

Souljacker

Silver Member
I have used them all....I stand by my recommendations.

F
Fair enough. I haven't tried any of them myself. It was really just the Gibraltar brand in general I was referring too.

If you're looking for something economically affordable I'd recommend the DW 2000. I just got one for my practice kit and I was surprised how much I liked them....and, its affordable.

Most of you probably know I have an Axis signature pedal but, for the money.....the DW 2000 is great.

D

I wouldn't even consider arguing with this recommendation. :)
-

Arky

Platinum Member
I have the dw2002, it has served me well for 2 years now. And this pedal is good enough to show me it's the player, not the pedal, haha.

I've done some mods on them a few months ago and I'm very happy I did so. I've flattened the heel piece, the pedal has more 'longboard feel' now and I have way less resistance for the swiveling motion.

Double pedal (dw2002) & HQ kick practice pad mod
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97507

LanceMCA

Bang for buck Tama's Iron Cobra is the most solid pedal on the market with zero competition in the price range, ESPECIALLY if you can find one used... For $250.00 you can get a mint Cobra and you'll find nothing that compares brand new at $250.00 and I'm sure everyone will agree... Good luck!

Draven

I bought a used Pearl P-2002b Eliminator (belt version) with all the cams, attachments, original case, and even a pair of chains(If I wanted to switch it up with the belts). Almost like-new condition for $200. I recommend you look around on ebay, craigslist, guitarcenter and buy used for Pearl Eliminators or an Iron Cobra.