China cracked, what to buy next?

pepino

Well my Zildjian K Custom 17" Dark China cracked, and I'm seriously consider in replace it with a wuhan 20" china, with or without rivets, I've heard nice things about them, and for the price, I think is great. I have all Zildjian A Custom and A's I'm not a fan of mixing stuff, but I'm a heavy hitter and I think It would be better replace a 60 bucks china than 285 china, what do you think? should I get the wuhan or go with ANOTHER Zildjian china, I was thinking in a A China High, I used to have one (It crack it too) so, I need something to hold up my heavy hitting.

What do you guys think?

Ian

Silver Member
If you hit hard you should NOT buy a Wuhan unless you want to buy many. The price point makes that a viable option, though. I have a few chinas, Wuhans of a couple of sizes and 18 and 19" Sabian cymbals. They all sound different and are great for different purposes. You would probably love the sound of a Wuhan.

Wick

I think I saw someone selling a K China in the Classifieds thread in General Discussion. You could check if he is still selling it....

Homeularis

Gold Member
I used to have a Zildjian Z China that was totally bullet proof. I mean, i used to bash the heck out of it playing Metal and not as much as a ding or dent. even the keyhole was perfect.
I now have a Zildjian China High and it sounds incredible but it does feel pretty thin and looks pretty easy to break.

I suggest-weather you're going with another Zildjian or a Wuhan- getting the heavy Aquarian cymbal spring. I would post a link, but I'm at school and it's blocked. Just search MusiciansFriend for it. It's only like 10 bucks, but will make your cymbals last literally years longer (playing with correct technique, that is...)

pepino

I suggest-weather you're going with another Zildjian or a Wuhan- getting the heavy Aquarian cymbal spring. I would post a link, but I'm at school and it's blocked. Just search MusiciansFriend for it. It's only like 10 bucks, but will make your cymbals last literally years longer (playing with correct technique, that is...)

Hey, that's a nice idea, I will do that,

Right know I'm between a 20" Wuhan with rivets, can beat the price ($85), or drop 200plus bucks for a Zildjian 20" Oriental China "Trash", A's 20" China High or Z3 20" China.

braincramp

Gold Member
I would go with the Z if your a Zildjian heavy hitter ...I use mainly Paistes with a few K's mixed in for softer covers but I went through alot of chinas wuhans, signature a twenty and finally settled on a RUDE becuase of my hard hitting its loud and unbreakable...the Z's and RUDES are brothers with different mothers..

Evilbagua

Silver Member
As much as I love any series of Zildjian Z's, I have cracked a 20" china. I replaced it with a Sabian APX which has stood up fine to the beating I have given it. I was iffy since it's a b8, but I think it's the best sounding "cutting" china I've ever played for metal. Also not too bad on the price compared to a z3 like 190USD compared to 280 give or take.

braincramp

Gold Member
As much as I love any series of Zildjian Z's, I have cracked a 20" china. I replaced it with a Sabian APX which has stood up fine to the beating I have given it. I was iffy since it's a b8, but I think it's the best sounding "cutting" china I've ever played for metal. Also not too bad on the price compared to a z3 like 190USD compared to 280 give or take.

APX is a good china its the last one I used B4 switching over to the RUDE...pretty close in sound but the RUDE is louder IMO....B8 is a good formula for chinas I think the Carmen Appice devastation from Sabian is B8 too

TTNW

Pioneer Member
I love my 18 A China High. You must have beat the hell out of it to crack it. I've had mine for years and could never imagine breaking it..

..but I know many are harder hitters than me.

I don't particularly like the sound of the Wuhan Chinas.

I've played a Paiste 16" China that a friend has and it sounds great. I don't like too much clang with my chinas. I often use a 14" Trashformer for quieter trashy accents.