Chequerplate Drums

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Those lugs aren't quite big enough! Sheesh, did you see those things? One of the astronauts on the International Space Station radio'd that he could see them from up there!! He added "and the prices are out of this world!"

No, haven't heard of them before this.

Bermuda

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Those lugs aren't quite big enough! Sheesh, did you see those things? One of the astronauts on the International Space Station radio'd that he could see them from up there!!
Bermuda
Almost as big as DW lugs, but a lot less bulky ;)

Actually, I think these drums are pretty smart. What's more, I think they represent good value for money. Why?

The focus here is visual impact. In that regard, they score big time. Prices include the LED installation c/w full DMX control, & Protection Racket cases. The lugs are a great piece of work, & overall quality is good. Stuff like this costs a bucket of money to manufacture. If the "show" is your top priority, these are as good as it gets IMO.

Jack Boyd

Almost as big as DW lugs, but a lot less bulky ;)

Actually, I think these drums are pretty smart. What's more, I think they represent good value for money. Why?

The focus here is visual impact. In that regard, they score big time. Prices include the LED installation c/w full DMX control, & Protection Racket cases. The lugs are a great piece of work, & overall quality is good. Stuff like this costs a bucket of money to manufacture. If the "show" is your top priority, these are as good as it gets IMO.
I assume they are in the UK. Do you know if they sell in USA?

Flareless

It comes with a matching gig outfit:
This nearly made me spray coffee on my monitor.

Never heard of these guys but I've never been a fan of acrylic drums myself. I first heard an old set of Ludwig Vista Lites back in the 70's that were in a pawn shop. They were cool because they had multiple colours and were filled with lights but as nice sounding drums - not so much.

I think for the kind of money you'll spend on these things you can get a top of the line kit from any leading manufacturer that will sound beautiful and never go out of style.

Then again, if you're planning an ELO tribute band... ; )

If you get the kit, though, seriously consider the matching gig outfit!