Checking out a used kit tomorrow. A little help ?

That's what I was getting at. Given that you have a workable kit, it doesn't sound like there needs to be a real big rush.
Maybe it's not your ideal kit, but it's something to play while you're looking.
Like you say, keep mulling it over, and when the right thing comes along that you can get real excited about, you'll be ready for it.

You hit the nail on the head . I don’t think I’d regret getting this , but I don’t think I’d keep it long term . I have been looking for a while , about a year. I think I’m like most here . When your at a level that you can play decently, where people would enjoy it and you won’t make an ass out of yourself , you just reach a plateau with the gear you have and it doesn’t sound how you want it can detract from your playing and your enjoyment . There is a huge difference (and not just talking sound ) but my actual playing when I get on some friends kits , like my buddy’s star classic bb, another’s high end sonor ( forget what he’s got ) and a neighbors live oak kit . Even on my other friends vintage XPK’s I can hear and feel my playing is different. I’ll just have to hang in there a bit more . Thanks bill ??

Last edited:
I think that would be a decent price on a 7-piece kit if you really, really want a 7-piece kit, but if you traditionally play something like a 4-5 piece, then I'd look elsewhere. I'd rather spend more on better-quality drums with fewer pieces than pay extra for drums you won't bother playing after having them home for the first week or two. Also, if you don't like the cymbals, you're going to have to do something with those (I, personally, am becoming less and less of a Zildjian fan as time moves on, but that's just me).

Overall, they are fine drums; however, unless you specifically want a 7-piece PDP set, I'd look elsewhere.

I hear you, but it’s nice to have a shell bank, unless you’re absolutely sure you’ll never ever need one. Just my opinion.

Back