Check out this Jack Daniels snare!

It looks amazing and the sound matches the finish.

Too bad anyone outside the US can't enter the contest. :<

Looks great ...but the sound is to my ears amazing.Just what I want to hear from a snare drum.

Now to build an entire kit.

What do you think Andy?

Steve B

I like that they used whiskey in the finish, and used the barrel's metal bands as hoops. Nice touches. Sounds great.

It does sound very good; however, I never buy the product. Peace and goodwill.

Y'know I just don't drink Jack Daniels but....that was VERY cool to see.

It sounded pretty good too.

Now if Guinness would make a snare.....LOL!

Jim

not only do I drink it, Im a Squire.

F

That was like sexy whisky drumming sex. Wow.

I like that they used whiskey in the finish, and used the barrel's metal bands as hoops. Nice touches. Sounds great.

+1 whiskey stain,

but are you sure they used the barrel's metal bands as hoops? The hoops look wood to me.

If Highland Park came out with this, I'd be all over it if I could afford it.

I have certainly had enough of it in my time to justify my support...

Now your talking about a good smooth scotch, I would be interested in that one as well.

The things I would do to own that drum... SJC custom drums are doing amazing things. This snare is just the tip of the iceberg. But what a spectacular tip it is! Love it.

Looks great ...but the sound is to my ears amazing.Just what I want to hear from a snare drum.

Now to build an entire kit.

What do you think Andy?

Steve B
No problem :)

It's going to sound great. It's solid stave & made with aged oak. IMHO, it would sound even better if the shell was lathed internally to true up the shell & reduce the thickness, but that's just personal preference. On the flip side, I like the rustic "leave it as it is" vibe too :)

Whole kit? No problem, but you do need a big ass lathe to machine it, otherwise it would weigh a ton & suffer on lack of resonance. We build full stave & steam bent kits from reclaimed timber. It's a cool & satisfying thing to do :)

Back