Check out this Jack Daniels snare!

Nickropolis

It looks amazing and the sound matches the finish.

Too bad anyone outside the US can't enter the contest. :<

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Looks great ...but the sound is to my ears amazing.Just what I want to hear from a snare drum.

Now to build an entire kit.

What do you think Andy?

Steve B

Fuo

Platinum Member
I like that they used whiskey in the finish, and used the barrel's metal bands as hoops. Nice touches. Sounds great.

Shedboyxx

Silver Member
Y'know I just don't drink Jack Daniels but....that was VERY cool to see.

It sounded pretty good too.

Now if Guinness would make a snare.....LOL!

Jim

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
If Highland Park came out with this, I'd be all over it if I could afford it.

I have certainly had enough of it in my time to justify my support...

Bretton

Silver Member
I like that they used whiskey in the finish, and used the barrel's metal bands as hoops. Nice touches. Sounds great.
+1 whiskey stain,

but are you sure they used the barrel's metal bands as hoops? The hoops look wood to me.

Kelly!

The things I would do to own that drum... SJC custom drums are doing amazing things. This snare is just the tip of the iceberg. But what a spectacular tip it is! Love it.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great ...but the sound is to my ears amazing.Just what I want to hear from a snare drum.

Now to build an entire kit.

What do you think Andy?

Steve B
No problem :)

It's going to sound great. It's solid stave & made with aged oak. IMHO, it would sound even better if the shell was lathed internally to true up the shell & reduce the thickness, but that's just personal preference. On the flip side, I like the rustic "leave it as it is" vibe too :)

Whole kit? No problem, but you do need a big ass lathe to machine it, otherwise it would weigh a ton & suffer on lack of resonance. We build full stave & steam bent kits from reclaimed timber. It's a cool & satisfying thing to do :)