Charlie Daniels 10-28-1936 ---7-6-2020

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
My condolences to family and friends. He was a very talented man besides fiddle-guitar, banjo, mandolin, etc. He already beat the Devil once so clear sailing for Charles- God bless you man.

NouveauCliche

We had the pleasure of opening for him around 2002 at Echo Basin in Colorado and it was one of the absolute best concerts I've ever seen live.

Charlie and his band were gracious and wonderful people - I guess I never imagined a world without CD...huge loss for music!!!

R.I.P.

planoranger

Huge loss for all of humanity.

I used to love watching him on TV (when CMT and GAC actually used to broadcast...you know...country music). I appreciate any musician that plays with conviction. He and his group always brought it.

By the end of any tune the hairs on his violin bow would look like they got caught in a tornado.

We will miss you, good sir.

AzHeat

Platinum Member
Oh man, major bummer. He got me to admit I liked country, when surrounded by a bunch of metal heads. There was no denying he loved what he did and played accordingly.

Smoke

Silver Member
Well, it happens to all of us. I've been a Charlie Daniels fan since about 1976. Loved his work with the CDB and others. What is amazing is that he married his bride in 1964 and they managed to stay together "until death they do part." That's more of an accomplishment than any platinum album, if you ask me. Mrs Smoke and I have been married for 40 years, and we're still learning how to live together. It never stops, I guess.

johnwesley

Silver Member
Well, it happens to all of us. I've been a Charlie Daniels fan since about 1976. Loved his work with the CDB and others. What is amazing is that he married his bride in 1964 and they managed to stay together "until death they do part." That's more of an accomplishment than any platinum album, if you ask me. Mrs Smoke and I have been married for 40 years, and we're still learning how to live together. It never stops, I guess.
My wife and I just celebrated 5 years of married bliss and happiness.....I guess 5 out of 44 ain't too bad!