Changing name/deleting account

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
..I don't remember that thread, but I 100% agree, that is a shameful way of treating anyone..

I will send you both links, the original thread and the ‘joking’ one, because both are still there..

I really hope the ‘joking’ one will be deleted after that..

Otto

Platinum Member
This brings up a great idea for a thread.

How do our resident Pro's handle the need to 'not be tied' to opinions by their business dealings...but remain able to express themselves?

never express anything(safest) ...to... 'I don't care'(least safe).

...but I am not curious enough to start the thread.. : )

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I want to keep my DW name but change my real name to GetAgrippa- With Art I’m confused with that you hang on the wall-Then Arthur half time people spell it Author or pronounce it Ah-thar. People can call me Grip for short. Or GAP not GA. Well maybe leave well enough alone.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Man I don’t remember that thread OldSkool (thankfully). I’ve struggled with weight issues my whole life- just lost 25 lbs. Two of my daughters do too-both beautiful women but can pack on some weight. My main concern is health - they carry it well. Still Obesity is now a “disease” and it has its own mortality rate- contributes to COVID risk and diabetes., and cardiovascular disease. Anyways really a form of bullying which I don’t take kindly. Food is a hell of a thing to be addicted to since you need it to survive LOL. But sometimes we all can display thoughtless callousness - lord knows I’ve stuck my foot in my mouth plenty of times meaning no harm. So I’m pretty forgiving of others screw ups.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I will send you both links, the original thread and the ‘joking’ one, because both are still there..

I really hope the ‘joking’ one will be deleted after that..
On reading both threads, I'm fairly sure the Joking thread OP wasn't proceeding with malice - more from a position of parody for the sake of levity. Nevertheless, I felt it was something treading too close into personal disrespect with potential for insult wether intended or not, and it has zero forum resource value, thus I've deleted it.

dale w miller

Silver Member
I started using a made-up name. It seemed to be the standard. I never cared if people knew my real name. It seemed silly not using it considering I was posting music I’ve done. It was obviously easy to figure out who I was.

Besides, I was a bit tired of being referred to as my dog’s name as that’s what my forum name included. :)