Changing name/deleting account

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
On a serious note SirSwingsALot, of course, I changed your name for a bit of fun, but I'm sure a name change can be accommodated - please let us know your preference, although I'm mindful of precedent. As for a temporary suspension, I'm not sure how / if that can be done except in the context of a timed ban period, & I don't think that's useful or appropriate. Perhaps Bernhard can advise further.

I wonder if the mods have some fun changing our names to dork or poo-poo head when nobody is online - scary. I now fear for being changed to Pisstard Ramshakles - now THAT would be a stupid name... :(
Be careful what you wish for ;)

SirSwingsALotLessAndRocksMoreTheseDays?
A bit wordy, but good :)

I’ll not be going out of my way to upset them, that’s for sure!! 😂
A good plan Strange Al ;)

Auspicious

Want to delete my account for a bit. Can I do that? If not can I just change my name?
Usually the data in forums is perpetual, unless they go bankrupted eventually and everything is removed.. . There is probably a version of it anyways on the way back machine or other internet archives websites.

When I quit a forum, I remove all the information I can from my profile, remove the avatar. That's about it.

Most likely, nobody will notice you are gone, nobody cares. Many things lost in a pile of data..

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
..Most likely, nobody will notice you are gone, nobody cares..

Exactly..

Sometimes i see old threads with members that wrote 1000’s and 1000’s of posts within only a few years, then they quit and no one cares..

I remember a decent member, also 1000’s of posts, wrote a sincere thread wondering if he should be considered a bad drummer..

Then someone thought is a nice idea to copy the exact thread while joking about the guys weight (replacing each time the word ‘bad’ by ‘fat’)..

After one or two weeks the guy stopped posting, never came back since and no one cared..

To me, that thread, is one of the biggest shames that ever has been written here..

On the internet, people can be busy hours and hours writing things, getting ‘likes’, think they are important, getting even more ‘likes’, etc, etc, etc..

And when they quit, there will be others entering the same circle....and again...etc..

Thats just how (completely superficial) the internet is..

felonious69

Usually the data in forums is perpetual, unless they go bankrupted eventually and everything is removed.. . There is probably a version of it anyways on the way back machine or other internet archives websites.

When I quit a forum, I remove all the information I can from my profile, remove the avatar. That's about it.

Most likely, nobody will notice you are gone, nobody cares. Many things lost in a pile of data..
Just for the record...I care.

Hewitt2

Harsh but true. You're only as good/remembered as your last post.

So many people that accumulated huge post counts in short periods of time have come and gone, even during my relatively short tenure on the Forum.

You get used to the churn if you've been around.

C.M. Jones

Harsh but true. You're only as good/remembered as your last post.

So many people that accumulated huge post counts in short periods of time have come and gone, even during my relatively short tenure on the Forum.

You get used to the churn if you've been around.
Please stick around. I like your posts.

Al Strange

I joined the forum to connect with the wider drum community, learn, share, and have a laugh. Sorry to hear that story; I trust the perps got taken to task on it? Has anyone seen @J-W lately? :unsure:

felonious69

I joined because I finally got my first ever drum set at 55.. I (knew) nothing at all about 'em and am still learning daily.
On advise I got here I already have much better sounding heads and cymbals than the crap that came with the start kit.
Tuning is a work in progress but getting better.
Some of the jokes here are alright too.
Lot of the folks here seem alright as well.
I know some of my jokes are hit or miss...kinda like my aim, but above all else I try not to be rude.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
I remember a decent member, also 1000’s of posts, wrote a sincere thread wondering if he should be considered a bad drummer..

Then someone thought is a nice idea to copy the exact thread while joking about the guys weight (replacing each time the word ‘bad’ by ‘fat’)..

After one or two weeks the guy stopped posting, never came back since and no one cared..

To me, that thread, is one of the biggest shames that ever has been written here..
I don't remember that thread, but I 100% agree, that is a shameful way of treating anyone. Respect & empathy is, or should be, the very basis for interface with others. Just because standards of behaviour have lowered hugely amongst the public profile elite around the world, shouldn't mean us non privileged folks take that as a green light to behave similarly.

Crap !!! I joined after lurking a while and came up with mine quick and in that moment .

Now what happens when I’m over 60 ?

I guess I’ll still be over 50 then 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️