CHAINS- any thoughts?

opentune

Platinum Member
personally, not my thing, its tiresome. Even if you are into 'chains' it will tire.
Worse yet, kits with certain wraps like this will be harder to sell when you move on.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I wouldn't take them to a jazz gig. They don't bother me but they do look like they're geared towards metal.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

it doesn't bother me on the onset, but I definitely agree with the fact that it will be limiting in resale value/opportunities. I like it better than many of the psychedelic swirly wraps you see out there, or the super busy digitally printed stuff...

funny, I thought this thread was going to be about bass pedal chains...

harryconway

Platinum Member
They don't make the VBA any more. So I'm wondering why you'd replace a 2 year old Export kit (that's still in production) with a discontinued model.

Seems more a lateral more than an upgrade.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I didn't notice before, but this kit also has that pre-optimount/optilock suspension system that clamps to the hoop. While I'm sure they work just fine, I don't like that idea. Seems like a good way to warp a hoop.

bud7h4

Silver Member
Would have looked better to me if the chains had been fewer, larger, and looked randomly laid across the drum(s) as opposed to a dense pattern.
As with most ideas, they should have run it by me first.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I didn't notice before, but this kit also has that pre-optimount/optilock suspension system that clamps to the hoop. While I'm sure they work just fine, I don't like that idea. Seems like a good way to warp a hoop.
my 94 Master Customs have that I.S.S. mount system...26 years later, no hoop warp at all!!! Others MMV

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
At first I thought this was going to be a thread about Scott Rockenfield's drum set.

Buy them only if you plan on keeping them forever and ever. If you plan to sell them, go ahead and budget in a re-wrap. Going from the Export to this would be more of a lateral move anyways. I'd pass.

Save your money and get something A LOT better than what you have.