CBD Oil for Joint Pain

someguy01

This method is the ticket:

The butane process leaves a residue because it doesn’t evaporate 100% from the butter. Or so they say.
You are correct sir. In addition, the butane method is also quite dangerous. So much so that it was very quickly made illegal here in CO to make your own extracts at home as multiple morons blew up their homes or apartments.
For decades, I used the alcohol extraction method which is also kinda dangerous if you don't know how to properly handle alcohol vapor over a heat source.
Now, I just order online and pick up what I need at the dispensary. There is a lot to be said for convenience. 16 year old me would in awe.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I've always wanted to try the ice cold water agitation and filtration method to isolate trichrome from green material, and now I see people are just crushing it with a portable heated press. The irony we actually put dried material on my friends ten ton press and got some goo but just wasn't that impressed with so little residue. I used Golden Grain ethanol to extract for green oil-it's a gooey mess so we eventually mixed it up with kief/nugs to make the turds after the oil being so messy. I was working on a vacuum distillation apparatus to distill red oil from green but my friend who had the raw material didn't want to bother since he was making money off the other. I'm not really into concentrates or distillates these days-I don't think it's good for your lungs (people get same ground glass opacities as COVID in lungs). I thought about that reading a paper about young asymptomatic people who had lung opacities suspected from COVID-it could have been from vaping.

someguy01

I've always wanted to try the ice cold water agitation and filtration method to isolate trichrome from green material,
Bubble hash is what we call that and it's a wicked easy process. Most head shops these days actually sell the multi stage filtering bags pretty cheap.

cbphoto

Gold Member
I've always wanted to try the ice cold water agitation and filtration method to isolate trichrome from green material, and now I see people are just crushing it with a portable heated press. The irony we actually put dried material on my friends ten ton press and got some goo but just wasn't that impressed with so little residue. I used Golden Grain ethanol to extract for green oil-it's a gooey mess so we eventually mixed it up with kief/nugs to make the turds after the oil being so messy. I was working on a vacuum distillation apparatus to distill red oil from green but my friend who had the raw material didn't want to bother since he was making money off the other. I'm not really into concentrates or distillates these days-I don't think it's good for your lungs (people get same ground glass opacities as COVID in lungs). I thought about that reading a paper about young asymptomatic people who had lung opacities suspected from COVID-it could have been from vaping.
What a PITA. High concentrates turn me off (partly due to an old roommate who went from pot to coke to freebase). I prefer to vaporize the resins straight from the plant. No fuss, no muss, no fire, no CO, no NOx, no ash. Very clean by comparison.

Icetech

Gold Member
I wish cbd worked for me :( i have a friend who was crazy anti-weed and tried some for joint pain and loves it now..

P.

Last edited:

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Well we should stick to CBD , which is legal everywhere . Not sure how the delta 8 from hemp really fits with laws. I get off topic so my apologies but it was same technology as hemp of today in growing and distillation.

jansara

CBD endorsement here.

I've had arthritis for the past 30 years or so. Ankles, knees, wrists... Some flare-ups were severe. I sometimes had trouble walking. After trying the mainstream "remedies" - glucosamine/MSM/chondroitin, apple cider vinegar, diet regulation, various homeopathic remedies, etc. etc. - I have been pain-free for two years now since taking CBD oil daily, the strongest and purest available.

I know many who have tried it and given up after a few days, seeing no results. I took it daily for two weeks to let it build up in my system at which time I didn't see an improvement but after two weeks it was as if a switch had turned on. No more pain.

rebonn

CBD endorsement here.

I've had arthritis for the past 30 years or so. Ankles, knees, wrists... Some flare-ups were severe. I sometimes had trouble walking. After trying the mainstream "remedies" - glucosamine/MSM/chondroitin, apple cider vinegar, diet regulation, various homeopathic remedies, etc. etc. - I have been pain-free for two years now since taking CBD oil daily, the strongest and purest available.

I know many who have tried it and given up after a few days, seeing no results. I took it daily for two weeks to let it build up in my system at which time I didn't see an improvement but after two weeks it was as if a switch had turned on. No more pain.
Did you try Boron?

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
One of the peer-reviewed papers examining a year of boron-supplementation in female athletes and sedentary ones used a product called Tri-Boron plus. It actually has Boron, Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin D, and trace Zinc. I'm thinking of trying Calcium Fructoborate more like form in food apparently and commercially available and seems a bit more potent as anti-inflammatory. The females took the Tri-Boron supplement a year-no one died LOL and the other , a pilot study, used the fructoboron with excellent results, and then this paper found the natural source beneficial. Some studies just used the sodium tetra borate decahydrate which is Borax basically is my understanding, some use Boric acid, and then this fructoboron of plant source. They all work well, but I think I'm going to try this plant stuff first. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4051624/. and this pilot study paper https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5289089/ But if I can get same benefit with borate or boric I'm not opposed to that either since used in these studies also.

Old PIT Guy

Supplements are a big buck racket. That's not me trying to catapult the propaganda, it's the truth. 220+ billion a year in sales for products that make a lot of claims with scant data to back any of it up. At least big pharma pays safety lip service, even though medicines should be classified as iatrogenic agents. The fewer of them you take the better. I don't see supplements in any different light.

We're living way past our sell by dates in this day and age. If not for interventional medical science I'd have died 15 years ago. We need to face up to two things: 50 is not the new 30 and body parts go to crap beginning around 40. Teeth, spine, eyes, digestion, joints, memory ... be glad you can still play the drums.