CBD Oil for Joint Pain

someguy01

It has no credible scientific support for the wild claims. Arthritis and a zillion other maladies it's supposed to cure or alleviate.
au contraire mon frère

someguy01

Pete they are the same thing. Borax is just naturally occurring, boxed up, boron molecules. ALL boron compounds start with what we know as borax. It is the raw chemical feedstock. Borax is so cheap that I just go right to the source instead of buying expensive supplements. I've been through 1 and a half boxes of borax since 2013 ha ha. Let's see at 5.65 a box....that's about 11 dollars. I've been taking borax for 8.5 years now and the only side effect I've experienced is way better health and much improved quality of life. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Art is right about boron making bones hard to saw through. Broken hips in seniors...doesn't have to happen. I'm being very proactive in that regard. Weak bones is not something I want. Today's diet and the state of soil depletion almost ensures that nearly everyone is boron deficient, among many other things.

Also, yes, there are articles demonizing it.

I'm a real life lab rat who recommends it.
To back Larry's claims:

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member

I think it's a lot like any vitamin or essential element too little bad and too much bad. Testosterone is the same in men. Here is another abstract. "Boron is an essential mineral that plays an important role in several biological processes. Boron is required for growth of plants, animals, and humans. There are increasing evidences of this nutrient showing a variety of pleiotropic effects, ranging from anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects to the modulation of different body systems. In the past few years, the trials showed disease-related polymorphisms of boron in different species, which has drawn attention of scientists to the significance of boron to health. Low boron profile has been related with poor immune function, increased risk of mortality, osteoporosis, and cognitive deterioration. High boron status revealed injury to cell and toxicity in different animals and humans. Some studies have shown some benefits of higher boron status, but findings have been generally mixed, which perhaps accentuates the fact that dietary intake will benefit only if supplemental amount is appropriate. The health benefits of boron are numerous in animals and humans; for instance, it affects the growth at safe intake. Central nervous system shows improvement and immune organs exhibit enhanced immunity with boron supplementation. Hepatic metabolism also shows positive changes in response to dietary boron intake. Furthermore, animals and human fed diets supplemented with boron reveal improved bone density and other benefits including embryonic development, wound healing, and cancer therapy. It has also been reported that boron affects the metabolism of several enzymes and minerals. In the background of these health benefits, low or high boron status is giving cause for concern. Additionally, researches are needed to further elucidate the mechanisms of boron effects, and determine the requirements in different species."

Boron has beed discovered on Mars -and Larry consumes Boron. Oh yeah you get my drift. All the people from my home planet are a moron because a lock of boron. Interestingly on my planet I had pica and would eat boxes of Borax which explains my superior intellect almost equal to Larry's Martian brain. So the moral of the story-Don't be a moron eat boron.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I guess I'm not done.

Boron does not accumulate in the body. It's pissed out everyday. That's the reason people need to take it everyday. Yes it is present in bones. And when we're low on boron, it takes it from the bones, weakening them. It's essential, the body will do what it must to get it. We want to get enough everyday so we don't have to rob our bones. Diets 100 years ago were much higher in boron, because the soil wasn't depleted then. Modern farming practices are killing the soil. It's really important to my health so I stocked up and got about 40 boxes for myself and my loved ones. In case they make it illegal.

Justinhub2003

CBD= snake oil. If it wasn't remotely related to cannibis there'd be no one selling it. It has no credible scientific support for the wild claims. Arthritis and a zillion other maladies it's supposed to cure or alleviate.

This is a serious over simplification.

Is it a cure for every thing ? Absolutely not. But it does it help create appetite in people struggling to eat? IMO yes. Does it help some people’s anxiety ? Absolutely. And it helps people who struggle to sleep.

I think though you have to get high quality CBD and I personally take 2-3 of the droppers at once instead of one.

Normal weed actually saved me from likely killing my self in my late teens. I was fresh out of high school, my job was super slow snd I was experiencing panic attacks so bad that I didn’t sleep for 5 straight days. A hospital visit and an injection of a strong anti histamine still didn’t put me to sleep. I decided to score some weed bc when I was a previous weed smoker it made me hungry, made me tired and helped me center my thoughts. And it worked. Literally got me out of that 8 day hole of hell I was in.

Cbd does the same thing for me.. except I don’t get high. I just get the side effects of weed like hunger, drowsiness and reduced anxiety.. The actual high of THC makes me anxious usually..

Side note... While I don't get high on weed anymore, there is rarely something more fun than playing drums while stoned. The groove, the sound of the music and the drummers place in all of that are just so much fun. And my ideas tend to flow a little easier

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
For the geeks, every cell has what's called the calcium/magnesium pump. Boron plays a vital role in the operation of the calcium/magnesium pump.

Calcium makes the cells contract, magnesium relaxes the cell.

When boron levels are too low, the pump is inefficient in clearing the calcium all the way out, and calcium deposits form and cause a bunch of unwanted issues. If the pineal gland gets calcified...don't let that happen. It's why Keith Richards knuckles are so big. He's lacking in boron.

It's very easily side-stepped, all these avoidable, major issues, by taking a stupid quarter teaspoon of borax a day. Try it. You'll see.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
To be clear I'm just posting abstracts-I'm not stating eat borax. I don't think boron is even recognized as an essential trace element like selenium or even chromium. But it's known for sure deficiencies produce problems. I don't think it has really been studied that well in animals with that paradox? .But in plants as Larry stated it's an essential trace element and critical for cell wall development-and wood-DRUMS!!!!!.
I remember shortly after I think Colorado legalized medical cannabis ? anyways these researchers took samples of medical pot and found most was high THC and low CBD ROFL. Though I'm sure that has changed. Now they are distilling the delta-8 THC from hemp I gather and that is legal here. I think legally hemp has less than .3% THC or something like that-I've seen a field fo that is South Ga. There are thousands of compounds and even THC isoforms -one is 30X more potent than the delta-9 isomer (THCP-or something like that), then all those terpenes can alter the effects -more up or down-synergy and likely antagonisms too. It's interesting with the spread of indica's many land races in Jamaica and South America are gone because pollen can travel for miles spreading the indica genetics changing the gene pool. Same reason there is no race-genes flow around the planet. I worry over hybridization will ruin the whole line of cannabis though. You can hybridize something into extinction. I wish they'd legalize it here GA-just CBD though the delta 8 stuff is here. I'd grow again and quickly produce my own strains and have a farm I try to create a small population local wild landrace of sativa from Souterhn Columbia origin. Hoping no illegal grower nearby to contaminate it. I would likely try to get genes from Southern Columbia they are pretty mold resistant and we have high humidity here -watching a beautiful bud turn into a white snowball of fungus is common in some hybrids. I read curing doesn't really alter anything but that is absolute bullcrap. That changes flavor and everything. We measure what we know and look at it-there are hundreds of unidentified compounds and many of them may depend on some sort of post-translational modification in how it's processed just like how you consume it. We have a natural endocannabinoid system that it's effects are mediated. I know purified delta 9 doesn't impress me it's missing all the rest. You can also predict humans would display polymorphisms within their own endocannabinoid system so effects may not be shared equally-need to study genetics of plant and ourselves to really reap the benefits just like cancer treatments now are genetically designed per individual. I sometimes question scientific strategies based on money-like people were profiting off of InVitro Fertilization technology before the science was really refined and come to it's most advanced fruition. Young folks think I'm full of crap-I know my son-in-law gives me grief. But I think it will be legal in all 50 soon enough and I'll prove it. I'm going to name my best strain Art Beall (like all the stars do now have a strain)-so all you can eat it and worship me as your Demi-god the all seeing Taterhead ROFL.

Last edited:

No Way Jose

Silver Member
Some of my friends report that CBD oil reduces their pain. I don't use the stuff myself. How can you be sure of what you are buying?

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Some of my friends report that CBD oil reduces their pain. I don't use the stuff myself. How can you be sure of what you are buying?
If you buy from a dispensary, at least here in Arkansas, everything must be third party tested and approved by the state. You can also buy CBD from some pharmacies here. I would trust those also. If you just go to a head or vape shop you take a chance of getting junk.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I remember back in the 70s my dream was just to grow trichromes in tissue culture on thin pencil of agar in a test tube. Just scrape it off and dry-instant kief. I think my Masters mentor always pushed me into animal tissue culture cause I think he worried what I might do with plant culture and possibly abuse it. I was single and a red hot mess back then and if that was his concern he was a wise man ROFL.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I remember back in the 70s my dream was just to grow trichromes in tissue culture on thin pencil of agar in a test tube.
Is this possible? Aren't trichromes a sticky oil? Can one grow an oil?

This thread is fascinating. CBD, eating borax, growing trichromes.

20210719_144623.jpg

drummerbuzz

I’d try to find the cause of your pain instead of masking it with CBD or anti inflammatory medicine.

Id start at looking at your diet, certain foods can cause inflammation, which probably wouldn’t help your arthritis. There’s also water intake, and sodium intake.

You can even look at getting a juicer and also cook up some anti inflammatory teas. And I’d stay away from coffee and anything with high sugar.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
People can grow oil.

Trichomes are a stalk and a head that grows on the leaf surface.

The head is where the sticky oil is.

Cannabis isn't the only plant with trichomes.
That's not exactly what I meant lol. Without the plant like Art was saying.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Trichromes contain the machinery for producing the resin and and a cell/tissue type you could differentiate from organ culture protoplast with right mix of plant hormones in theory- you would still watch the maturity of resin glands by watching head droplets with a scope. You could ,in theory, just grow protoplast that would secret cannabinoids- they do that to produce nicotine. But I like idea 💡 f trichromes so more like hash. I still have my hand held field scope to examine trichromes on buds for maturity of the head droplets- you can see them lose clarity, etc.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Oh you da man Larry. You really have me interested in the Boron Larry. Those abstracts basically supported everything you were saying and so now I'm peaked-I guess boric acid or a boron salt which I guess is borax is it's basic forms. I just can't get over I used borax and boric acid in taxidermy and as a pesticide-but I know it's all amounts-too much too little and how you use it. Foxglove contains digitalis/digoxin and if you ate too much you'd surely die from it but it was used for years to treat various cardiovascular ailments. So I just need to put on a NPOV thinking cap-it hasn't killed you and likely plenty others supplementing with boron. I took a cursory look and some papers were using 6-12 mg of boron (in some form) with positive reports-I'm not sure what form I'd have to look it up. One paper had higher dose-but like I say cursory look.

I want to learn more. It's odd and timely-my wife has had a rough go orthopedically so pretty much always in pain. She takes anti-inflammatories but now is trying Relief factor to see if that helps. I think her whole family has some gene mutation in some minor bone protein impacting bone and teeth-her Dad lost all teeth at early age and one of my daughter takes after her Mom with an enamel defect so prone to cavities. All her family have orthopedic issues with bones and weak teeth. I wonder if boron might help her and her sister since both follow her Dad of bad teeth and prone to breaks and orthopedic issues. My wife suddenly developed a fracture recently in mid foot just from changing tennis shoes. She has a boot on as we speak. Maybe it can help her bone and pain. That would really be awesome!!!!!

Last edited:

someguy01

Oh you da man Larry. You really have me interested in the Boron Larry. Those abstracts basically supported everything you were saying and so now I'm peaked-I guess boric acid or a boron salt which I guess is borax is it's basic forms. I just can't get over I used borax and boric acid in taxidermy and as a pesticide-but I know it's all amounts-too much too little and how you use it. Foxglove contains digitalis/digoxin and if you ate too much you'd surely die from it but it was used for years to treat various cardiovascular ailments. So I just need to put on a NPOV thinking cap-it hasn't killed you and likely plenty others supplementing with boron. I took a cursory look and some papers were using 6-12 mg of boron (in some form) with positive reports-I'm not sure what form I'd have to look it up. One paper had higher dose-but like I say cursory look. I want to learn more.
The link I left is the nih study. Not sure if you read it or not.
I am also now curious about Boron supplements and the like.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Yep Someguy we are no longer morons of boron and taking the B train.
You must take the "B" train
To go to Boron Hill way ups your Health
If you miss the "B" train
You'll find you missed the quickest way to Health.
Hurry, get on, now it's coming