CBD Oil for Joint Pain

ncowan

Is anyone out there using CBD for Arthritis or any other pain management? If so, could you describe your experience as it relates to your quality of life and of course your golf game????

Thanks

roncadillac

I'm not a medical professional but I work in a related medical based industry and just always like to give a polite heads up about general mass market CBD products: what allows those products to be sold is essentially a farming and textile related bill with no third party testing requirements thus you are buying off of blind faith in a label. You could be getting high quality medicinal level CBD oil, you also could be getting something high in THC, you also could be getting a bottle of plain olive oil at a dramatic upcharge, you also could be getting a product high in pesticides, heavy metals, etc.

Like anything pertaining to health and wellness: consult a physician, do research, weigh pros and cons, and consider trial and error.

Justinhub2003

I have really bad arthritis.. or something. All I know is my elbows and legs hurt every time it rains or it’s cold, I’m 37 now but I’ve dealt with that for as long as I could remember. They called it growing pains when I was a child but obviously I’m not growing anymore

And CBD has been a huge help for me. It doesn’t get me high, more feels like the after high feeling where your relaxed, chilled out and it helps me control pain.

I don’t vape or smoke, but i did buy a CBD vape on vacation and it really helped with my anxiety but less with pain.

Find a reputable seller and find the oils and products that have a lab result you can pull up by the serial or barcode.

In Ohio, we also have Delta 8 THC, which for the time being is legal… that gets me high lol and I didn’t want to get high. Thc high gives me an anxiety but CBD gets rid of it for me. That’s how I know if it’s legit

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Having normal boron levels in my body took away about 90% of my arthritic stiffness

For joint stiffness, I take 1/4 teaspoon of borax (the source of all boron compounds) everyday in a few ounces of fruit juice.

Borax is a naturally occurring salt scraped from dried up lake beds in Turkey and California, cleaned and sold as is. Nature made, food grade.

Borax is the sodium salt of boric acid. Borax is the brand name. It's really just naturally occurring boron. A boron molecule is comprised of boron, water and glucose, That's it. That info comes from the Material Safety Data Sheet, (MSDS) one of the only known sources of truth lol.

It's half as toxic as regular table salt, boron, and it doesn't affect DNA like table salt can. (if taken in large quantities) Borax is safe up to two teaspoons a day. 1/4 teaspoon is all you need.

The problem is most of the population is deficient in boron due to commercial farming practices. In Isreal, where the boron levels in the soil are high, arthritis is almost non existent. In Jamaica, boron levels are low, and even the dogs are arthritic. So there's a real connection.

It's a mineral deficiency basically. Boron is a mineral. When we are low on a mineral, a whole host of bad things happen. With a boron deficiency, arthritis is just one. My memory improved. My eyesight improved. My arthritis was taken away and it only took 2 weeks of doing this. I'm being 100% honest. 2 weeks and I felt a MAJOR difference.

Boron also oversees production of synovial fluid, which lubricates the joints. Low boron, low quality lube. Between the calcium deposits and the bad lube, it's easy to see why arthritis happens.

I've been taking it every day since January 2013. Boron regulates the calcium mechanism in your body. When low on boron, your body deposits calcium in the joints, When normal levels of boron are there, it takes the calcium from your joints where it doesn't belong, and deposits it back into your bones and teeth. I have proven this to myself. Before I started taking it, I had a very large knuckle. It's normal sized now. It took 7 years, but it's normal now. Keith Richards really needs this.

There's a lot more benefits to tell, like normalizing testosterone levels, but this should be enough. It's unconventional. It works for me.

Ingesting 1/4 teaspoon of borax everyday is the best thing I've done for my adult health, period

Last edited:

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Since 1963, evidence has accumulated that suggests boron is a safe and effective treatment for some forms of arthritis. The initial evidence was that boron supplementation alleviated arthritic pain and discomfort of the author. This was followed by findings from numerous other observations epidemiologic and controlled animal and human experiments. These findings included a) analytical evidence of lower boron concentrations in femur heads, bones, and synovial fluid from people with arthritis than from those without this disorder; b) observation evidence that bones of patients using boron supplements are much harder to cut than those of patients not using supplements; c) epidemiologic evidence that in areas of the world where boron intakes usually are 1.0 mg or less/day the estimated incidence of arthritis ranges from 20 to 70%, whereas in areas of the world where boron intakes are usually 3 to 10 mg, the estimated incidence of arthritis ranges from 0 to 10%; d) experimental evidence that rats with induced arthritis benefit from orally or intraperitoneally administered boron; e) experimental evidence from a double-blind placebo-boron supplementation trial with 20 subjects with osteoarthritis. A significant favorable response to a 6 mg boron/day supplement was obtained; 50% of subjects receiving the supplement improved compared to only 10% receiving the placebo. The preceding data indicate that boron is an essential nutrient for healthy bones and joints, and that further research into the use of boron for the treatment or prevention of arthritis is warranted.

paradiddle pete

Platinum Member
and I thought Boron was a boring moron , like me! ....I just read what the internet has to say about Borax. it virtually comes with a DANGER signal.. So are Borax and Boron are 2 different things?

Last edited:

mikyok

Platinum Member
All depends on the individual. I have a mate who swore by the stuff to get him through chemo. Still here to tell the tale thankfully.

Get the good stuff though. On a less drastic note than chemo I have lot of cricketing buddies who use it for sporting aches and pains.

I have a sauna few times a week at the gym with some scents. Really relaxes me and I sleep like a baby afterwards.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
and I thought Boron was a boring moron , like me! ....I just read what the internet has to say about Borax. it virtually comes with a DANGER signal.. So are Borax and Boron are 2 different things?
Pete they are the same thing. Borax is just naturally occurring, boxed up, boron molecules. ALL boron compounds start with what we know as borax. It is the raw chemical feedstock. Borax is so cheap that I just go right to the source instead of buying expensive supplements. I've been through 1 and a half boxes of borax since 2013 ha ha. Let's see at 5.65 a box....that's about 11 dollars. I've been taking borax for 8.5 years now and the only side effect I've experienced is way better health and much improved quality of life. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Art is right about boron making bones hard to saw through. Broken hips in seniors...doesn't have to happen. I'm being very proactive in that regard. Weak bones is not something I want. Today's diet and the state of soil depletion almost ensures that nearly everyone is boron deficient, among many other things.

Also, yes, there are articles demonizing it.

I'm a real life lab rat who recommends it.

Bozozoid

Is this thread a godsend or what!. Just recently I've had intence hip area pain while sleeping. Ibuprofen 400 mg lasted maybe an hour so I purchased Aleve 12 hour which lasted maybe 2 hours. I'm thinking it might be a pinched nerve thus the less effective ibuprophen becomes. I've considered ordering relief factor advertised on tv and online. It could also be alcahol consumption on weekends?. Less acidic diet?..no acidic fruits?..

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
There's a great true story

1960's Melbourne Australia. Very low boron in the soil in that part of the earth.

A Phd plant biologist guy, (name eludes me right now) looking to cure his own arthritis, knew that boron controlled the calcium mechanism in plants, and also knew arthritis was a calcium problem primarily. He made the mental leap by thinking that since boron controls the calcium mechanism in plants, maybe boron controls the calcium mechanism in people too. He knew the soil was boron deficient.

Long story short, he started himself on a boron regimen. It was a great success, he cured himself and he started making boron pills and selling it to the people there. It got to the point where he couldn't handle the volume. So he went to a pharma company to get help with the amount of volume these pills were selling. Big mistake. Someone on the board of the pharma company was also in the government.

The gist of it was that boron is a cheap, almost free cure for arthritis, and it would threaten the profits of the pharma company so THEY MADE IT ILLEGAL.

This is where the skull and bones warnings come from. They don't want cheap cures, period. Anything in large quantities will kill, including boron. So yea if you eat a box of borax a day...it's common sense. Boron kills ants. Ants are about a billion times smaller than us. We need a certain amount, about 1/4 tsp a day. It's an essential mineral, just like iron.

Profits are essential to big pharma. Cheap cures are made illegal. That's just the way it is. Look at Jerry's Kids. How many years has it been now? 60 years?

Cures aren't the goal of these people, treatment is.

Another major benefit....boron is essential for the structural integrity of ALL cell walls. Cell walls are the first line of defense against foreign invaders. Me, I want strong cell walls. It comes in handy with things like COVID 19

I'll stop here, but I can't recommend it enough. Thanks for listening. I urge those with stiffness to try doing a 1/4 teaspoon a day for a month and then re-evaluate. A 1/4 teaspoon is nothing. I use about the same amount of salt on my french fries.

Be well all

Last edited:

cbphoto

Gold Member
And here I thought boron was a bored gluon. Gonna get me some boron today. Thanks @larryace.

would threaten the profits of the pharma company so THEY MADE IT ILLEGAL.
If you wanna get your blood boiling, watch The Pharmacist on Netflix. The man is a hero in my book.

Doraemon

I found my thoughts have such a huge effect on my well-being that even if I think something is complete bs, I let a part of my brain believe it's magical, so I can get the placebo benefits. E.g. I feel a lot better from CBD bath bombs, even if it's just the hot water, the scent helps. :)
How can you tell if you get enough boron in your diet? The article said it's often present in e.g. coffee, milk, which I consume a lot of. I found this page that also says you can get it from beer. :)