CB "Junior" kit

sonormapex

16 bass, 8&10" toms,13" floor, 12" snare. I was given a white kit in this config in very nice shape except the batter heads were pooched, which I replaced with Ambs. I thought these would be a joke but I tell you honestly, they are real drums and though they sound "their size", I was caught off guard. They sound like nice wood shells which are ending up at my rehearsal place.....Have you experienced these drums yet?

I had a CB kit as my first kit. Honestly it wasn't too bad. It was a good starter kit.

As for the sizes, I play a Pearl Midtown. It's comparable, and I absolutely love it. I can place everything where I want. It's nice and compact and incredibly ergonomic.

CB (carlo bruno) drums are actually nice drums. I found a discarded set by a dumpster and refurbished them as the photos show. With good heads and proper tuning you can get great sound from just about any "beginner" set.

Attachments

• project 1.jpg
    project 1.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 21
  • project 2.jpg
    project 2.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 26
  • restore 4 005.jpg
    restore 4 005.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 26
I haven't played those, but, I have played many low end drums in my day. It's all about good heads and bearing edges. Most low end kits can be made to sound very good with good heads and tuning,

Reactions: TJK
Very, very true, BUT, the drum snobs would never be seen playing a CB kit, just not up to their standards. This little junior kit just kills me. At rehearsal I used my good snare and cymbals and the kit sounded very passable for pro drums. However the industry would not be what it is today without players shelling out 1000,s for gear...its fun to watch....Having said that, I would NEVER part with my 60,s Sonor drop kit!

CB (carlo bruno) drums are actually nice drums. I found a discarded set by a dumpster and refurbished them as the photos show. With good heads and proper tuning you can get great sound from just about any "beginner" set.

Very nice.

Back