CB 700 snare worth $200?

shemp

Silver Member
I saw an eBay add listing a CB 700 snare for $200.

Did I miss an opportunity for $$ when I donated my CB 700 kit or is the seller high as a kite?
The seller, from the specimens I've looked at and seen pricing for, is not only high, they are on the verge of overdose. A google search produced prices from $25 to $129 dep on size and cond

Emmaticus00

Its not a bad snare. My school has one. More of a concert snare. Its not a Craviotto, but its not horrible. However, its not worth $200 but its not worth $10 either. Maybe $70.

markdrum

Silver Member
I want to know where that guy gets his party favors. I have seen some CB700 Free Floater knockoffs that looked pretty close to the Pearl version. I'm wondering if we're seeing another case of multiple brands being made under the same roof. There's no way that snare is worth $200 though. I've seen some Mapex Pro stuff going for $75 so more than $50 for this would be a stretch.

Dirtysticks

I want to know where that guy gets his party favors. I have seen some CB700 Free Floater knockoffs that looked pretty close to the Pearl version. I'm wondering if we're seeing another case of multiple brands being made under the same roof. There's no way that snare is worth $200 though. I've seen some Mapex Pro stuff going for $75 so more than $50 for this would be a stretch.
The CB700 free floaters aren't knockoffs, they made them before Pearl bought the patent and started to produce them. The CB700 snares came first actually, which is why they have the same hardware as the early Pearl free floaters.

shemp

Silver Member
The CB700 free floaters aren't knockoffs, they made them before Pearl bought the patent and started to produce them. The CB700 snares came first actually, which is why they have the same hardware as the early Pearl free floaters.
How much do you think your "Reliant Park" store would sell the CB700 for? :)

Stroman

Platinum Member
What does CB even stand for? Charlie Brown? Chrome/Brass? Clearly Bull$h!t?
I would suggest the last one. Maybe they make some products that DON'T suck, but I'll never give them a chance again. I had a set of CB700 concert toms that were made out of such soft wood they completely pulled out of shape from the tension on the lugs. Once they were ruined as concert toms, I got the idea to saw them off to a shallow depth and make a type of timbale out of a couple of them. The plies were so full of voids it was ridiculous. They were totally worthless.

They lost a customer forever.

So, I'm still going with "high as a kite."

wildbill

Platinum Member
Strange looking extended snare wires and mechanism on there, when viewing the pics of the bottom.

I wouldn't get it, but putting 'Vintage' in the title should be worth something though - ha ha.