Case size for 16x20 DW collectors

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
I was asking if the size of the case should be increased due to spur and mount sticking out from the drum
No need to take that into consideration, the manufacturer allows for that. Just order a 16 X 20 bag or case and you're good to go.

Plenty of options out there. Protection Racket and Ahead Armor are nice soft cases. SKB as well as Humes & Berg make solid hard cases.
For something "in between" a soft and hard case Protection Racket makes the AAA (All Accidents Averted) Series Rigid case. These are really nice but may prove difficult to find. Also not a lot of size options readily available (at least here in the US).

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
I put my 20 x 14 kick in a 22 x 18 case. Yes, it's a little big, but when it's dark-thirty in the morning after a gig, I don't have to fight with the case to get the spurs to go in. What I do is turn the kick drum face up or face down, and I slip the bag over it. Works great. Takes about 5-10 seconds. Those couple of extra inches around the whole case makes a lot of difference.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I put my 20 x 14 kick in a 22 x 18 case. Yes, it's a little big, but when it's dark-thirty in the morning after a gig, I don't have to fight with the case to get the spurs to go in. What I do is turn the kick drum face up or face down, and I slip the bag over it. Works great. Takes about 5-10 seconds. Those couple of extra inches around the whole case makes a lot of difference.
That's brilliant. I'm alarmed that it never occurred to me.