Carter Mclean

Bozozoid

Are you kidding...tastefull as hell. Cool dude on top of it all. I check his song (groove) out constantly. You have good taste Rolltide.

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Great drummer and a great guy to boot. I had the pleasure of having dinner with him in NYC before we each ran off to our respective gigs. :)

DrummerJustLikeDad

One word always come to my mind with Carter: Touch.

And his economy of motion looks so effortless, like anybody should just be able to sit down and play like that.

Of course, that's a performance aspect because that appearance belies the tremendous work he's obviously put in.

graysonator

I was lucky to get into a Zoom call with him this past December, really humble and knows what he is doing!

Darth Vater

"play it like you give a shit." That immediately made him one of my faves. Great technique, musicality, and can groove til the sun comes up.

Last edited:

Justinhub2003

Carter is a bad bad dude. I like his style and approach.

Also his signature sticks from Promark have become my favorite stick. Dude just has really great skills and his control on his left hand is so good

Bozozoid

Also his signature sticks from Promark have become my favorite stick. Dude just has really great skills and his control on his left hand is so good
I ordered a pair to test drive with my 24 ride. My fave was Vinnies stick forever. The Carter stick initially was mmm..not sure I like it. That was a couple weeks ago. Everyday I go down and A/B the Vinnie and Carter and each day the Carter is growing on me. It's weird because you have to learn HOW to use it..its got deceptive versatility. I'm getting excited to come home from work and exercise with the Carter discovering new ways to work with it. Tomorrow's Carter Friday...ill go down and pick them up..play JUST my ride and find another new way to discover what it can do.

NouveauCliche

Same on the Stick.

Carter is a beast - chops, taste, finesse - the epitome of a professional drummer.