Carter McLean - Improving your feel on drums and a jam with Charlie Hunter

tracer

He has an exceptional feel, but his kit always sounds great as well. He seems to have a large collection of big, dark, beautiful cymbals as well.

Thanks for the links...
tracer

Thunder 42

Silver Member
Great feet and decent speed. Feel is really noteworthy, easy to listen to - ear candy on those great sounding instruments. There's another thread discussing improvisation/spontaneous, Carter's playing goes a long way to define how it's done.

basset52

Thanks for posting - great stuff, gets one to think beyond the usuals. Quite inspirational in a calm and modest way. Just loved it.

mikyok

Platinum Member
I can listen to this guy play all day.

Groovers don't get the recognition they deserve. They make songs sound that good that you don't know they're there.

Thunder 42

Silver Member
I can listen to this guy play all day.

Groovers don't get the recognition they deserve. They make songs sound that good that you don't know they're there.
Agree, discovered his YouTube channel a while back and have spent some time there.

R2112

Silver Member
He also has an instructional subscription website with Matt Johnson that's pretty cool.

KamaK

Platinum Member
It's strange, but I've actually learned far more from Carter's expositions than I have from his instructional videos. I'll watch a snare demonstration, pick one thing that really catches my interest, and work on it. He's so clean that it's easy to figure out what he's doing, and the parts he plays aren't full of superhuman technical wizardry, they're just well played.