Carnivore diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member

An interesting read from a decent news site. No, it's not a peer-reviewed journal but the two contributors interviewed are entirely legitimate scientists working at a reputable institution and putting out real research.

Conclusion? The modern 'Paleo' diet that's overly-meat heavy is a myth and the diets of our ancestors were diverse, seasonal and thus based upon availability. The modern 'Paleo' canivore-type diets and notion that these were the diets of humans thousands of years ago comes from an evidence bias and old research whose methods are now superseded and based around the diets of men rather than society as a whole.

Chris Whitten

Silver Member
There's no need for any 'diets', they are all a money making venture for the most part.
If you eat in moderation, a balance of food groups, making sure it's fresh, whole food, not processed.
For 500 odd years there hasn't been a Mediterranean diet designed and named. It was just that people ate food they'd grown themselves, cooked themselves, in moderation. A little meat, a little wine, a little cheese etc. It turns out it is an incredibly healthy way to live.

Donkey Boy

He should be congratulated or providing food for thought. forgive the pun. and for hanging in for 25 rounds.. notice some of the snipers now deleting posts..

wildbill

Platinum Member

An interesting read from a decent news site. No, it's not a peer-reviewed journal but the two contributors interviewed are entirely legitimate scientists working at a reputable institution and putting out real research.

Conclusion? The modern 'Paleo' diet that's overly-meat heavy is a myth and the diets of our ancestors were diverse, seasonal and thus based upon availability. The modern 'Paleo' canivore-type diets and notion that these were the diets of humans thousands of years ago comes from an evidence bias and old research whose methods are now superseded and based around the diets of men rather than society as a whole.

Yes.

My thoughts are that humans have always been omnivores.

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
I not only have given up coffee , after that diet has gone awry, so now the anti-anedia diet so I’ve gone 24 hours with no water and air.Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 6.28.28 PM.png

Last edited:

jda

Silver Member
I should have taken a picture of the "Stuffed peppers"- 4 I had yesterday. Regret that.

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
I was wondering what they eat on International Space Station, thinking freeze-dried bars, paste, etc and formulated for demands of space flight. Which it is-becaue have to meet certain intake of Calcium, etc, but they choose foods. "Today, astronauts eat a varied diet that is similar to what we eat on Earth. The menu aboard the International Space Station (ISS) includes more than a hundred items - from vegetables and fruit to pre-prepared meals and desserts. Even condiments such as ketchup and mustard are available." But they are in a space station spending extended time periods getting zapped with ionizing radiation so let them eat what they want LOL. iss20_food_making_pizzas_on_iss.jpg

Smoke

Silver Member
Aww... C'mon Art. As if floating poop isn't bad enough - floating pizza? :oops: Effects of ionizing radiation are worse as you get closer to the sun. Hopefully it was thick-crust pizza with lots of cheese.

I like your wings - someday, you'll have real ones - I have no doubts. Paisley camouflage looks good on you - now if we can just work that Zorro "Z" on your forehead into the pic...

Donkey Boy

I was wondering what they eat on International Space Station, thinking freeze-dried bars, paste, etc and formulated for demands of space flight. Which it is-becaue have to meet certain intake of Calcium, etc, but they choose foods. "Today, astronauts eat a varied diet that is similar to what we eat on Earth. The menu aboard the International Space Station (ISS) includes more than a hundred items - from vegetables and fruit to pre-prepared meals and desserts. Even condiments such as ketchup and mustard are available." But they are in a space station spending extended time periods getting zapped with ionizing radiation so let them eat what they want LOL. View attachment 124993
It's not pizza as we know it Jim.

Bozozoid

Gold Member
Every Saturday night I head over to an upscale local restaurant where the mildly spicy chislic is like heroin to me washed down with some Dogfishhead 60 minute IPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.