Carnivore diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's usually quite telling in regard to the actual level of knowledge someone is at. It's an ego based defense mechanism.

A closed mind. A need for recognition and always being right etc..

"You have offended and hurt the feelings of those who do not agree with you and frankly know nothing of what you speak, so I'm afraid you must die. "

Cognitive dissonance.

Oh , I fully understand what it is and where it gets it’s origins, just can’t wrap my head around that mindset .

cbphoto

Diamond Member
…my post are more talking to myself…
What was your first clue? 😂

Some of them I’ll bite on. Then, part-way through I begin to wonder if it’s something in your diet or daily beverage or your environs that’s helping you divest your ideas. Your ability to create paragraphs is unparalleled. I wonder if any of your thesis’ were one, single, mighty paragraph. 😉

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Oh , I fully understand what it is and where it gets it’s origins, just can’t wrap my head around that mindset .

Yes, if you have a bit of integrity, humility and is someone with the slightest interest in personal growth you usually can't because it obviously goes completely against those values.

Taking an example just meant to illustrate a concept in a general discussion and just looking for little things one can attack to save face and being completely unable to let it go. The context was missed. Completely.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Sadly, they actually do want us to die.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
What was your first clue? 😂

Some of them I’ll bite on. Then, part-way through I begin to wonder if it’s something in your diet or daily beverage or your environs that’s helping you divest your ideas. Your ability to create paragraphs is unparalleled. I wonder if any of your thesis’ were one, single, mighty paragraph. 😉

I tend to just condense and talk around things in common language, but the scientist is most welcome to the debate.

My humor is also quite reflective of being a teacher of the promising cute young ones.

That other stuff is basically just like, if don't absolutely have to be around and deal with that to pay my bills and with absolutely no other options, I prefer to just avoid it. It's a total waste of time and energy. Ask me how I know.

There will be no war. At least not one started by me.

Z26R-#

Relax it's ok. pEOPle all 'round the world are drinking fair trade T/A decaf almond lattes in cardboard cups with plastic lids, gone are the plastic straws.. the world is a better place. May you're Gluten be free and you're Lactose tolerant..

Last edited:

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
My simplest and cheapest way to do it. Meal prep for tomorrow. 2 lbs ground beef divided into three meals. Just salt and parmesan. I used to add some egg yolks, maybe some cream cheese to keep them softer. These days I prefer to just do the egg yolks raw. They'll get their final shape I decide on before I cook them.

Since I do cook my meat, though today's ribeye just got a slight sear, I'm careful to just barely cook it through so it's really juicy and simple to eat. If I just put the ground beef in a pan, it varies a bit, but I would generally struggle to eat enough of that dried out broken up stuff.. 2 lbs is the standard minimum. If I eat less I'm not hungry or feel bad, but over a couple of days things aren't optimal. Relearning your hunger signals is part of journey. Sometime, usually the day after a really heavy workout, there may be quite a bit more, but I then just often supplement stuff I have in the fridge that's simply ready to eat. Not the greatest fan of eating the whole egg, but obviously that's somewhat of a luxury problem.

IMG-0370 (1).jpg

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Relax it's ok. pEOPle all 'round the world are drinking fair trade T/A decaf almond lattes in cardboard cups with plastic lids, gone are the plastic straws.. the world is a better place. May you're Gluten be free and you're Lactose tolerant..

Yamaha Rider

Gold Member
In Italy (Mediterranean) most people opt for one or two toppings maximum. I know your post was tongue in cheek.
But the classic pizza is mozzarella and tomato, or add prosciutto, or add fungi, or olives, or anchovies etc.
The meat fest kind of pizza is entirely American and does my head in.
Most things in the American style diet (now exported to the UK, Australia, Europe) are excessive.
You hardly ever see anyone drunk in France or Italy either, unless they are a tourist.
Few fat people in France too - someone pointed out to me.

WuHan Solo

No, because it's doctors and scientists who come up with the facts, not politicians.
This guy is a 'health leader':
Tim Spector is a salesman first.
I could only skim through the video after he said raspberries have the most fiber of any plant. Does he think green peas, avacodos, split peas, lentils, black beans come from animals? Some of these have almost twice the fiber per cup than raspberries. Facts, eh?
Or is that claim made in his book: "Spoon-Fed, why almost everything we've been told about food is wrong"?
Like I said before, diet and nutrition vary greatly for each individual. His daily diet would absolutely NOT work for me at all, unless my goal was to be lethargic and scrawny.
He's selling something here and his books appear to read like Kevin Trudeau's. Doctor, scientist, or salesman?

Last edited:

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Did you know that if you eat only rabbit meat - it will quite quickly kill you?
Rabbit meat has virtually no fat - and the human body cannot metabolise protein without it.
(Not very) Fun Fact!

Yamaha Rider

Gold Member
Well to be fair, all that stuff was introduced. Right from the start of life humans ate fruit and veg, and ate meat and fish when they could get their hands on it, which wasn't every day. If you look at tribes that have been isolated until recently, their culture is largely plant based, with meat as a luxury.
Are you claiming that the plains Indians - with buffalo from horizon to horizon only ate meat as a 'rare luxury'?

Yamaha Rider

Gold Member
Tim Spector is a salesman first.
I could only skim through the video after he said raspberries have the most fiber of any plant. Does he think green peas, avacodos, split peas, lentils, black beans come from animals? Some of these have almost twice the fiber per cup than raspberries. Facts, eh?
Or is that claim made in his book: "Spoon-Fed, why almost everything we've been told about food is wrong"?
Like I said before, diet and nutrition vary greatly for each individual. His daily diet would absolutely NOT work for me at all, unless my goal was to be lethargic and scrawny.
He's selling something here and his books appear to read like Kevin Trudeau's. Doctor, scientist, or salesman?

He mentions it a few times in this thread.
We're keeping score at home. 😀
Noooooo!
(Gonna delete it, quick)

Status
Not open for further replies.