Carnivore diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 pages... Wow! Have we figured out who has the biggest Dietitian ePeen® yet?

Asking for a friend.
Right ? These are pretty applicable to many of the responses given on this thread .
I saw the OP given as , as was said in the actual post , ……as a place to start for those interested . If not interested then just move on 🤷🏻‍♂️
Lots of “science” posted from some of the same people responding in this thread , from about two and a half years ago and insisted was true and matter of fact and backed up by “experts” has now proven wrong by other “experts”. People were called names , insulted, called crazy and conspiracy theorists for listening to other experts not backed by power and money , but who , with lifetimes of experience, medical degrees and and awards and accolades in their field just wanted to bring forth information and to help people. They were shouted down and silenced and made to go away .
Point is , everyone can make their own decisions on their diet with help from their doctor expert on what fits them best .

Had I listened to the ADA( American diabetes association) , you know , the “recognized “ “experts” 7 year’s ago, I’d still be on insulin AND pills to control blood sugar .
The ADA’s recommendation and stance for diabetics is …. As long as a diabetics A1c ( 3 month average blood sugar level) is under 7 that’s good ! WTF ???!!!???!!!. At sustained blood sugar at or close to that level causes internal organ damage and further stresses the pancreas . But hey “ you’re a diabetic , that’s ok”, you shouldn’t strive for or expect a normal a1c without meds 🙄. It might not be possible for some for numerous reasons but it is for many if not most type II diabetics through diet and exercise . My blood sugar levels daily and a1c are now better than a non diabetic. Had I listened to the ( recognized) “experts” I’d have been on a cocktail of diabetes meds, blood pressure and cholesterol meds causing a host of other problems the past 7 years . The only benefactors of this are the pharmaceutical companies and the doctors and organizations ( whom they fund) to keep the money train rolling .

I use this as an example and there are many others . Disagree ? Yes . Debate ? Yes. But to completely disregard is somewhat closed minded in my opinion and to look for an argument for the sake of arguing by means of insult and antagonization is petty, childish and wrong . The ones who do it on this forum are the ones who most hate it and call it out when done to them .

8B66D1A5-6DBC-44FB-B201-DC86617CC0CE.jpeg

7F4161D6-356B-46CF-8F4C-DBA3E165CF37.jpeg

10D13035-7822-4B92-8242-0242FDF31C86.jpeg

C6EE369D-717E-423E-97A7-642CF9532480.png

7A5EE4D3-4D12-4A46-99EC-5F609AC38CC7.jpeg

Last edited:
“Solar power is a Gigawatt per square km! All you need is a 100 by 100-mile patch in a deserted corner of Arizona, Texas or Utah (or anywhere) to more than power the entire USA.”
~ Elon Musk

Interesting . You know if there’s any truth to his statement or specific articles on this . I’m all for a renewable energy sources/sources that cause less of a detriment to us and the planet as our current options .

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
Most traits have both nature/nurture=genetic/epigendtic. A lot of human disease is because we live longer ( so accumulate more somatic mutations/ and aging impacts) ,zoonotic viruses, obesity and link to inflammation thst links to our immunity which links to oral/gut health. Stress has a big impact on health and immunity. Now your apolipoproteins profiles , triglycerides, and cholesterol have a big genetic component with heart disease but diet link also. Immunity is a huge link to health-cancer esp. - those who vaccinate live longer and have reduced risks of non-related disease . Another factor for US is our crappy health care system-still I think 1/3 die from medical errors and the system is just turning to crap. My wife and I both are about ready to drop pursuing health care and she's a physician.

Ironically you’ll hear 90% of Biology instructors in US lament student resistant to vaccines and evolution ( coming from research to teaching I was shocked by hesitancy). Diet of course is related to obesity thst cause inflammation and also dietary antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents can counter- sort of like weed THC is neurotoxic but the CBD counters those effects- so likely some to and fro.

I always have way more questions than answers . There are huge gaps in directly understanding all inferences from epidemiological studies in mechanisms of action. I haven’t read a single diet paper using metabolomic studies yet and I think it would be very informative. Also isolating and test plant-based poly phenols and phytochemicals. Freeze-dried strawberries and black berries contain an ?? acid compound that prevents esophageal cancer in animal model but you have to eat a huge amount of dried fruit for effect. So purify it. I’d like to see how if longtime vegan increase calories to high BMI/obese would the diet protect and reduce risk of cancer and CVD or would obesity effect dominate? I think the number one risk factor for COVID issues in US was obesity. So obesity itself is a huge part of problem-those with it also have higher cancer and Cardiovascular disease rates.
Try to dissect out confounding factors- I’d also take high red meat diet people with no weight issue and increase fruits, nuts, fiber greens would it counteract red meat effect? I think the latter has been done in one paper I read and it wasn’t protective I recollect - but my recollecting isn’t as sharp as it use to be.

I’ve been exposed to so much radiation and so many carcinogenic agents I keep waiting for bomb to drop- so far just a skin cancer. My Dad was a cardiologist who died of heart disease and uncontrolled diabetes. Smoked like a smokestack most of life and obese. Knew all the right things to do- he told patients everyday yet refused himself. Like all the vascular surgeons who would sneak in lab to use a hood for smoke exhaust- probably 90% of their income because of coffin nails. Go figure. None of my bros and I have cardiovascular issues - coronaries like an 18 year old but cancer - colon, thyroid, lung, melanoma, and prostate cancers have hit various family members. So if I get cancer is it from exposure or a genetic crap shoot that I likely would anyways? I’m big time cancer -phobic so if I get it will it be from worry lol.

Everything
Everything gives you cancer
Everything
There's no cure, there's no answer
Don't touch that dial
Don't try to smile
Just take this pill
It's in your file
Don't work hard
Don't play hard
Don't plan for the graveyard
Remember

Last edited:

C. Dave Run

Gold Member
I wish solar and wind energy could supply all our energy needs, but I don't think the two are capable. Sun only shines an average of 12 hours a day and the wind is unpredictable. We'll need better energy storage - sand batteries may help. Wind farms and solar farms are just plain ugly, even though they help. Might have to start looking at power generation from tidal energy, though that has its drawbacks too. No easy answers, but we have to do something. I do my little part by reducing consumption and waste.
“Solar power is a Gigawatt per square km! All you need is a 100 by 100-mile patch in a deserted corner of Arizona, Texas or Utah (or anywhere) to more than power the entire USA.”
~ Elon Musk
This is the one farm I dont think we should have. Each home should be responsible for it's own electricity. Solar, wind, water, who cares.

Enough is known about electricity to do this. But doing this doesnt pay for dams, turbines, or solar panels that do make our power currently.

GetAgrippa

Diamond Member
Making energy isn’t the issue it’s storing green energy. I still like nuclear but my love for large hydroelectric reservoirs is diminishing because it’s like fracking with seismic activity.

I keep thinking how successful life is with chemical energy reactions and storing energy in high energy compounds. Many fuel cell and other green energy ideas based on living systems. Carbon and organic compounds so abundant and already used for so many things maybe we’ve been to petro-centric . Combustion isn’t only way to generate energy for work from organic compounds. There are several fuel cell designs thst run off organic compounds, one fuel cell runs off methane and if linked to landfills and oil and natural gas exploration could feasibly help reduce methane and produce energy.

I want to rebuild North America deciduous forest because so important to carbon dioxide fluxes in northern hemisphere historically, rebuild carbon sinks , and rebuild all natural ecosystems to increase biomass of all wild animal and plant populations ( more life more carbon sequestered - all life’s bio molecules come from atmospheric carbon dioxide. The vast majority of mass in a giant oak is from carbon and that came from air. We can genetically modify life to synthetically evolve their adaption to climate issues (using CRISPR-cas to alter symbiotic microbial host in coral reefs to prevent bleaching a no brainer. Carbon sequestration is a big part of our govt plan to store carbon as well industry all over it. Make biofuels and lots of starter compounds used in products. Already making graphene using atmospheric carbon dioxide.

But every nation and every person has to be on board to achieve significant goals and I don’t really see that happening globally and plenty of peer-reviewed papers mark the failures and lack of compliance with last accord. But US has dropped our carbon footprint some 60% from a 2005 high surprisingly. I think UK and EU have made similar reductions?? so kudos to them.

Last edited:

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Right ? These are pretty applicable to many of the responses given on this thread .
I saw the OP given as , as was said in the actual post , ……as a place to start for those interested . If not interested then just move on 🤷🏻‍♂️
Lots of “science” posted from some of the same people responding in this thread , from about two and a half years ago and insisted was true and matter of fact and backed up by “experts” has now proven wrong by other “experts”. People were called names , insulted, called crazy and conspiracy theorists for listening to other experts not backed by power and money , but who , with lifetimes of experience, medical degrees and and awards and accolades in their field just wanted to bring forth information and to help people. They were shouted down and silenced and made to go away .
Point is , everyone can make their own decisions on their diet with help from their doctor expert on what fits them best .

Had I listened to the ADA( American diabetes association) , you know , the “recognized “ “experts” 7 year’s ago, I’d still be on insulin AND pills to control blood sugar .
The ADA’s recommendation and stance for diabetics is …. As long as a diabetics A1c ( 3 month average blood sugar level) is under 7 that’s good ! WTF ???!!!???!!!. At sustained blood sugar at or close to that level causes internal organ damage and further stresses the pancreas . But hey “ you’re a diabetic , that’s ok”, you shouldn’t strive for or expect a normal a1c without meds 🙄. It might not be possible for some for numerous reasons but it is for many if not most type II diabetics through diet and exercise . My blood sugar levels daily and a1c are now better than a non diabetic. Had I listened to the ( recognized) “experts” I’d have been on a cocktail of diabetes meds, blood pressure and cholesterol meds causing a host of other problems the past 7 years . The only benefactors of this are the pharmaceutical companies and the doctors and organizations ( whom they fund) to keep the money train rolling .

I use this as an example and there are many others . Disagree ? Yes . Debate ? Yes. But to completely disregard is somewhat closed minded in my opinion and to look for an argument for the sake of arguing by means of insult and antagonization is petty, childish and wrong . The ones who do it on this forum are the ones who most hate it and call it out when done to them .

View attachment 124812

View attachment 124813

View attachment 124814

View attachment 124815

View attachment 124817

It took only for Dr Richard Bernstein to mention he thought diabetics had the right to the same blood sugars as anyone else to see that the Semmelweis Reflex was still alive and doing very well.

The science people generally agree on. It's the final interpretation where the issues lie because that's where personal bias, perspective, financial interests, ego, narcissism, social status and acceptance etc.. enter the game.

I would never argue that plant oils lower cholesterol or that animal protein raises it. It's sort of the wrong question though, because we shouldn't these just assume that high total or LDL cholesterol is so bad. A full lipid panel is also something different and if you get actual measurements instead of calculations and numbers for everything else you will also have to pay.

Yes, the ADA as well as it's Norwegian counterpart are changing very slowly, but still out to lunch. It's still very much a whole grain low fat and chronic illness that can't improve type of idea. That's very obviously false to pretty much anyone who's actually tried the alternative. Really, Norwegian ideas about health is copy'n'paste of what the US does. It's from the big USA and all these amazing scientists, so it must be right.

Really small country, but do have those that got out of the system and started their own thing as their mission is to actually help people. Hospitals are not a business here, so they don't want to do unnecessary surgeries, but there's also often a long wait for those who actually do need them

I actually encourage debate, but the "I'm gonna troll the guy to pressed the ignore button on me" shows up, that's not debate. I'm also currently building a lawsuit against a couple of narcissistic leaders, so I've seen this enough for several lifetimes, really. A field in which I'm at this point quite well versed.

There's a general lesson about learning from concept here.

The two knobs.

Last edited:

cbphoto

Diamond Member
You know how slot cars get their electricity from those rails? Make our cars like that. It could be integrated into the solar road tiles.
Induction. Propel the vehicle via magnetic levitation & frictionless push/pulling. The first prototypes are 2-seaters. Great for dates.

Jeremy Crockett

I’d prefer all roads be paved with hi-tech solar conversion tiles.
This may come as a surprise, but I don't find this idea completely abhorrent. Given that it comes about via market forces, with extensive R&D, and real-world trials rather than by the State gun held to our collective heads.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Who eats meat 3 times a day?

I don't necessarily know about 3 times pr. day, it's when I'm hungry. The fasting thing isn't really the first thing to try unless you are a diabetic who wants to get his/her bs down quickly. Aside from that it' s really a young or at least healthy person game as our ability to digest all we need in one meal goes down with age and that would be your metabolic age, not your actual age.

Because just like this guy has his optimal diet, we have ours.

What-Do-Koalas-Eat-1024x576.jpg

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
This one contains quite a few of my "personal" opinions.

Last edited:

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
Wow, wonder what we did the entire rest of pre-history without precious agriculture, the religions it spawned & the slave labor that it still thrives on..?

we only lived until we were 20 or 21, in very small nomadic enclaves....

Native people of North Central and South America had developed a vast range of foods before European arrival.. Without great devastation of their environments successfully. you can still enjoy those products thanks to them.. do you're research..

actually, they did as much devastation and alteration to the land as we do, just with out heavy machinery and over longer periods of time. I just finished reading a book called 1491 about this very subject: the Americas before European alteration

I wish solar and wind energy could supply all our energy needs, but I don't think the two are capable. Sun only shines an average of 12 hours a day and the wind is unpredictable. We'll need better energy storage - sand batteries may help. Wind farms and solar farms are just plain ugly, even though they help. Might have to start looking at power generation from tidal energy, though that has its drawbacks too. No easy answers, but we have to do something. I do my little part by reducing consumption and waste.

maybe we need to relook at our definition of "being productive"....maybe we DON'T need to be going full tilt, 100% production 24/7? I feel like the use of fossil fuels have created a first world culture who determines "down time" as a bad thing. We would be "losing money" if we shut down or 12 hours.

Solar and wind would force us to be more respectful of our surroundings....and not money.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
If you didn't die during your birth or from physical injury you probably got to be pretty damn old.

Estimation of around 120 isn't that insane. In my family my grandmother and great grandmother got to 107 and 109.

Hewitt2

If you didn't die during your birth or from physical injury you probably got to be pretty damn old.

Estimation of around 120 isn't that insane. In my family my grandmother and great grandmother got to 107 and 109.

Example 37,256 on this thread where our friend Odd-Arne gamely hangs his hat on the anecdotal fallacy.

I applaud your consistency and resilience in the face of logic and facts.

Even the briefest of online research would demonstrate how ridiculous this assertion is, but at this point I’m not sure if you’re making it all up and trying to get a rise out of the forum.

A J

yep....growing up poor really taught me a lot about how to use things. And how not to use things.

And that I only got to have something once and I didn't need more than I could use.

having a dad who was a handyman for a living after getting out of the Marines also showed me that things were fixable, not disposable.

Savign was more important than spending b/c the money stream might dry up for a while....

yep.....I have always been jealous of your living situation!!! We vacay in Michigan alot, would be cool to stop by one year and play some drums/see your kingdom!!!

not to risk getting the thread shut down, but your observation about politics also sort of shows how stupid politics can be, especially if they bleed - in the wrong way - into our daily lives!!!

as you closed a thread with earlier

BALANCE is the key!!!!
Just let me know the next time you plan to be in Michigan. My place is far from fancy, but we love it! I'd be happy to show you all the sights.

Status
Not open for further replies.